Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a little over a week since I installed the AutoEXE springs.

The install was easy and problem free.

BUT yesterday, I noticed that the driver side was 1/4 inch lower than the passenger side.
The car does not drive any differently and I don't hear any clucking noise...the driver side is simply lower.

I looked at the springs and everything appears fine. Therefore, I really don't know what could cause such a problem...

Please help me out.

P.s. The car has been aligned a few days ago.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Interesting, maybe the drivers has settled further than the passenger thus far....

1. Go out and put a lot of load and weight on the passenger side...
2. Go find another place to park, make sure the pavement is completely flat....

I can "possibly" see the rear not sitting correctly, but no way on the front that I can imagine...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, maybe the drivers has settled further than the passenger thus far....

1. Go out and put a lot of load and weight on the passenger side...
2. Go find another place to park, make sure the pavement is completely flat....

I can "possibly" see the rear not sitting correctly, but no way on the front that I can imagine...
[/b]
Thanx Wiggum,

I did number 2 but I will try number 1 once I get home.

If anyone thinks of another solution please let me know.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could anyone tell me how much wheel well (inch or finger gap) they have once the springs have seetled.

Thanx

·
Registered
477 Posts
There is an exact clocking of the spring required so the cut end sits in the groove created for it. Did you confirm all your springs were clocked properly during the install? This can easily cause a variance in height.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPTADE

I retook the measurements and turns out that only the rear driver side is lower by 1/4 inch.

Now, this saturday, I will redo the complete install of the rear drive side spring and verify, as suggested by Red_6, the clocking of the spring.

IF that does not solve the problem, what else can I do...is it possible that AutoEXE did not properly cut that spring??

P.s. I did drive around with some weight on the driver side but it didn't do anything :(

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
UPTADE

I retook the measurements and turns out that only the rear driver side is lower by 1/4 inch.

Now, this saturday, I will redo the complete install of the rear drive side spring and verify, as suggested by Red_6, the clocking of the spring.

[/b]
If it is a clocking issue, the passenger side would be the problem, and left front would be a bit low too, due to very stiff MS6 chassis.

You may have had the 1/4" diff with oem springs .... mabe some with oem's could check their's on level flat surface.

Mz, get both rears off ground, and check the big gaps. If same 1/4" diff shows, it's likely just fender fit variation.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPTADE

It was a clocking issue, the cut end did not sit in the groove created for it.

Thank you all for your help !!

·
Registered
358 Posts
There is an exact clocking of the spring required so the cut end sits in the groove created for it. Did you confirm all your springs were clocked properly during the install? This can easily cause a variance in height.
[/b]
Is the for the rear springs too? Can you pls explain a bit more and a brief 'how to'?
Thanks....

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
UPTADE

It was a clocking issue, the cut end did not sit in the groove created for it.

Thank you all for your help !!
[/b]

You said that it was only your driver side rear that was lower? Which spring(s) had a clocking issue?

·
Registered
358 Posts
You said that it was only your driver side rear that was lower? Which spring(s) had a clocking issue?
[/b]

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[/b]
The rear driver side spring was the one not sitting properly in the groove.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
The rear driver side spring was the one not sitting properly in the groove.
[/b]
Interesting, so the drivers side was actually lower, and that was the spring not seated correctly? It would seem that the passenger side that was sitting high would be the plantiff...

I noticed that my car too is uneven, and I am getting a small noise from the rear... only at very low MPH.... I took out the rear passenger spring today and everything seemed normal... time to have my Mazda tech look at it...

·
Registered
149 Posts
I noticed that my car too is uneven, and I am getting a small noise from the rear... only at very low MPH.... I took out the rear passenger spring today and everything seemed normal... time to have my Mazda tech look at it...
[/b]
Please let us know what you find out. I have a set on order, actually they tried to deliver them but I wasn't home, and if there is a possible issue I'd like to know before I install them. Thanks

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Ugh... as much as I want to lower my car... makes it look so much better.... I just can't bring myself to do it yet... already had enough issues with the DP install...

Not sure if you guys will relate... but I HATE that feeling of.. not being "100%" perfect... Like if you install springs but it doesn't fit exactly right.. or in my case... install a DP... and you can't get 1 or 2 of the bolts as tight as you want...

It just makes me feel like my car is falling apart... This is comming from a swapped civic which had loads of issues...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts