Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Got the pipe and everything installed. I'm ready to install the maf customizer.

Question #1 What's the trick to getting the cover off to get to the wires?? I got the 10mm nut unscrewed and I've got the slack but I can't get that black thing off. ???

Question #2 I'm going to do the solder method. I've done a lot of soldering in my day so that shouldn't be a problem. But where do you solder the wires? Do you have to strip part of the wire and solder there or do you take the wire out and solder to the wire or do you take the wire out and solder the customizer wire into where the stock wire was.

Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, it just says unscrew the bolt holding it on and take the black cover off. I can't get the black cover off.

Also, when I get it off, where do I solder the wires to? Do I strip part of the wire or do I solder to the base of the wire?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I feel like if I keep pulling too hard I'm gonna break something or rip the wires out.

Anyone have any advice?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.