Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am in North Gwinnett, GA, pretty close to the Mall of GA visiting the fam for Thanksgiving, and I walked out to move my car and the battery is dead. I was wondering if anybody here goes to Sutherlin Mazda and if is, are they good?

Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
does anyone in the family have a battery charger, or is the battery completely dead. Maybe try to get someone to give you a jump or a ride to the local autoparts store to purchase a new battery.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
A battery is used to start a car, see if Mall Secuity can give you a jump or someone with jumper cables.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ohh, I wasn't at the mall, I was near there at my families house... and no, they didn't have a charger, but I did jump it off and took it to Sutherlin Mazda----very good experience btw and they couldn't find a problem... batt was good, charging system was good, so it is up to crossing my fingers for the 3 hour trip home.... I will update later

thanks alot

·
Registered
578 Posts
doesn't the motor charge up the battery also? so if you can get it to run it'll charge it up? or is that only on hybrids? kind of crazy to think that battery can power a whole car for years at a time
[/b]
The battery is charged by the alternator, which is powered by the engine while it's running. The battery's primary function is starting the car. The alternator supplies the car with most of the electricial power that it needs.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I made it home safely and with no problems. Hopefully it was just a fluke thing. I will definately let you know if it happens again. I guess I will know in the morning-----------

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts