Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So beyond the $1500 I am dropping this week to have a used trasmission put in my car I also have my check engine light going off. The first time I had it checked at auto zone they said i had a misfire on cylinder 1. So I changed the spark plugs and ran seafoam through the system and it didn't fix the problem. I had them check it again and still a misfire on cylinder 1 so I switched the ignition coil from cylinder 1 to cylinder 4 thinking that if that were the problem then it would misfire on 4 and I would have the problem solved. Unfortunately after doing so and bringing in my car again they ran it again and I no longer had a misfire on any cylinders at all but instead got 2 codes one saying the system was running lean and another code stating something about the EGR valve. I am pretty much broke after the transmission and no longer have any money for anything other than my bills and still trying to solve this check engine problem. I called Oreillys and it costs $167 for a new EGR valve but I dont want to replace it unless that is absolutely the problem. Anyone have any suggestions? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Nick

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh sorry my car isnt the speed6 its a 2003 mazda 6 3.0L V6. Didnt realize this was the Speed6 thread so if it needs to be moved plz do so :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
How did you break the transmission if you don't mind me asking and how many miles did your car have on it.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
dunno if this applies to u guys but we have a TSB i think for the clogged EGR causing a misfire on cyl 1. might wanna check that out/look it up

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (dasleeper @ Jan 14 2010, 10:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1629877
How did you break the transmission if you don't mind me asking and how many miles did your car have on it.[/b]
Car only has roughly 98,000 miles on it. Started popping out of fifth and got to where it pretty much couldnt go more than a few miles without popping out. From what it looks like it was very low on tran fluid almost totally out. The mechanic said there was no leak in the tranny though and that it had probably been running like so for 30,000 plus miles. I bought the car with 63,000 miles and the guy I bought it from had the 60,000 mile maintenence done on it which leads me to believe that someone screwed up during the maintenence and forgot about the transmission fluid.

QUOTE (superskaterxes @ Jan 14 2010, 11:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1629898
dunno if this applies to u guys but we have a TSB i think for the clogged EGR causing a misfire on cyl 1. might wanna check that out/look it up[/b]

Will do thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts