Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,

I am experiencing some hell since I replaced my Mazda 6 2.2 diesel engine with a remanufactured one bought from England. The thing is that it will start just fine, idle normally, then after a few minutes, as I start pressing the clutch, it'll rattle a bit, and revs go down to zero, if I depress the clutch pedal, it'll go back to normal, then I'll anyway strat driving it, but after a few minutes, a dense white smoke will come out from the exhaust, my mech has tried everything, gone crazy him too, now they tell me to have the injectors diagnozed, and hte ECU too afterwards. Anyone's been through something like this or can suggest anything? Thanks a lot!

·
Super Moderator
17,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having issues. Unfortunately, there's not too many of us on here who have the diesel variant because it was never sold in North America. Is the car throwing any codes? Hopefully someone on here can help you out.

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 6i Grand Touring - 2.5L I4 Auto
75 Posts
It sounds like your clutch may be improperly installed or the flywheel of the replacement engine is warped in some way. Did you install a new clutch or is it the same old one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having issues. Unfortunately, there's not too many of us on here who have the diesel variant because it was never sold in North America. Is the car throwing any codes? Hopefully someone on here can help you out.
Hi Byakuya, thanks for your concern, yes, it throws out P00336 and P1336 when mech diagnoses it, my mech changed one of the 2 sensors (camshaft and engine, which he found out are the same), no improvement to the overall situation ... Today, mech will read the ECU's code, so that I can look for the same ECU at a junkyard, buy it and an ECU expert will copy that ECU's set-up to mine, and see if the warning lights, and the overall car performance will returno to normal - this expert is 100% positive that all will become regular, no need to check pump and injectors, he said. I wonder if there isn't al alternative way, like finding the ECU's mapping on the net or elsewhere ..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It sounds like your clutch may be improperly installed or the flywheel of the replacement engine is warped in some way. Did you install a new clutch or is it the same old one?
Hi Tango, thanks for your reply. Yes, cluth and flywheel are the same old ones, my mech checked them and sais they're ok for now, I assume they're both properly installed. What puzzles me is that just the engine was replaced, even checked as to if the chain and tensioners were looking good, and they were, so why all this mess comes out now when things were just fine before the engine replacement ... I pushed the car yesterday for some 20 miles and it went just fine, except for some white and black smoke when revving it at about 4.000, and then when coming to an halt, showing the same 'clutch-derived rattling' I said about in my 1st post ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts