Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to figure out how to remove the trim piece(not the pop open cover) around the interior fuse without breaking it.

I'm doing a radar detector hardwire install by tapping the interior fuse. I've already removed the fuse panel cover and add the fuse tape and such. and I've installed the ring ground terminal similar to this pix(somebody else's install, ground wire is the green wire near top left of pix)

Pix

it worked well for the first month, but this past couple days the RD stop working, the cig lighter power cord still work so I know there is something wrong with my hardwire wiring. a meter show that between the fuse slot and my ground terminal I'm only getting 6v where If i touch the ground probe to a nut near the door hinge i get 12v. so there's some issue with my grounding.

I'm trying to see if I can get a better ground by switching to the partially hidden gold color nuts in the pix, but I cannot reach that nut without removing the trim piece.

any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Bit confused, you mean the panel undernearth the driver side that has a cover that can pull off apart from the whole plastic panel?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with the cover off, you can see the fuse, but you cannot see the 2 nuts int he pix, I need to pull off the plastic trim piece that is hiding the nuts... difficult to explain... sorry

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Its pretty easy. There is one white clip that hols it as seen by the arrow in this diagram:
http://www.finishlineperformance.com/mazda6/docs/0034.pdf

Just grip around the white screw area and give it a good solid yank towards the passenger direction. Worse case u break the little white screw which you can replace. You will have to remove just a little of the trim around the door sills.... just lift it up enough to slide out the trim piece.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I just had this off yesterday, just take the fusebox cover off, and give that area a good yank and it should pop off, then of course you will see how it was clipped in... i think there w as 2 gray clips and a white screw type clip

1 - 7 of 7 Posts