Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, apparently i live in the mazda6 fender rolling capitol, silver spring md, but am about a year late on buying my car.

ive called around and am having trouble finding someone who will roll them for me so if anyone has advice i would appreciate it.

i called redshift in virginia, but apparently they dont roll anymore, they want to cut the inside lip off with a sawzall or plasma...eek.

any help is appreciated as my new wheels will be here soon and i'd love to be able to test fit them sometime this month.

Thanks!

·
Registered
649 Posts
so, apparently i live in the mazda6 fender rolling capitol, silver spring md, but am about a year late on buying my car.

ive called around and am having trouble finding someone who will roll them for me so if anyone has advice i would appreciate it.

i called redshift in virginia, but apparently they dont roll anymore, they want to cut the inside lip off with a sawzall or plasma...eek.

any help is appreciated as my new wheels will be here soon and i'd love to be able to test fit them sometime this month.

Thanks!
[/b]
Call Vertex Motorsports in Mclean, VA, i got mine done there, it was 120 but they did an excellent job.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man. the new wheels and tires arrived while i was in omaha this weekend, and i am dying to put em on. COME ON SNOW!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Check out this thread. You can do a professional job of fender rolling with just an old baseball bat. It is not rocket science and you don't need to pay big money.

On a similar note: Did anyone see Grassroots Motorsports Magazine this month? They had a shop "roll" the fenders on one of their project cars and the pictures showed that the "shop" used a rolled up newspaper wrapped in duct tape and hit it with a hammer.<!>

Holy CRAP!

They (GRM) said the edges needed to be painted afterwards as the paint cracked. (Doh!)

Don't do it like GRM...

Use the baseball bat like a rolling pin heating the crease with a hair dryer as you go. Do a little at a time and you will end up with an excellent looking job.

Don't have a baseball bat? Get one at one of those used sporting goods stores (Play it Again Sports) and remember: you want a wooden bat.:)

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
For the cheap, a heat gun and a wood baseball bat.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's looking better and better...the baseball bat that is

120 is getting up there

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Too bad you missed our Easter morning fender rolling meet!! I think we had 5 6's getting rolled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts