Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Mazda 6 Sport 4 dr and the trunk wont open. It did open until my talented offspring replaced a spring that came out ( worked fine without it). Now it wont open with the key or the automatic open button inside car. I didnt get a FOB with car and the button in glove box is on. Please HELP ME

·
Registered
534 Posts
To get into the trunk, remove the plastic trim beside the back of the rear seat. Pull the seat slightly forward to get your arm up into the trunk. You should feel the latch release cable in the upper corner. You should be able to slightly twist the cable enough to pop the back seat down. Climb in and try the emergency release tab on the trunk to pop it open.

This is how I get into the trunks of 6s in the junk yards when the key is nowhere to be found and it works great.

·
Rally Racer
1,973 Posts
To get into the trunk, remove the plastic trim beside the back of the rear seat. Pull the seat slightly forward to get your arm up into the trunk. You should feel the latch release cable in the upper corner. You should be able to slightly twist the cable enough to pop the back seat down. Climb in and try the emergency release tab on the trunk to pop it open.

This is how I get into the trunks of 6s in the junk yards when the key is nowhere to be found and it works great.
Excellent Ray, I am wondering if there is something that is interfering with the lock mechanism internally.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys I'll try your suggestion and I'll tell you it sure was hysterical watching offspring try to get into the trunk today and it wouldnt open! I yelled across the yard "Hey Genius, that doesn't work, it hasn't worked since you fixed it! Thank you so much for that, Dearest!"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts