Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey where is that video clip of blackmagik removing the door of the map pocket to install the gaugepod and the gauges. Ive been looking for it all night and i cant find it and its pissing me off. :irate: Please post the link to it here, thanks alot.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you blackmagik.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That video will definetly help with the install of the gauges and gaugepod. Now i just need a video on how to drill and run the wires. LOL, i usually do better and understand more if there were pictures and videos, but videos recommended more. Thanks for anyone who can help with this.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
I didn't even drill any holes for the wiring. I just put it all in heatshrink, which makes it more organized, and ran it down the hole on the side where the stock storage lid usually goes.

As for running the wires... it all depends on the gauges you get. There are senders to worry about, fittings, reducer bushings, t fittings... just depends on what you get.

For the power of the gauges you'll usually have an ignition source, 12v source, and a ground. That's easy stuff.

Then you have to run the wire for the senders, and THEN ground out the sender. Unless you're using a mechanical gauge... but that's not as common these days.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, i got the autometer sport comp gauges. I got the Voltage, Transmission Temperature, and the vaccum gauges. Thats a good idea running them where the lid use to go, also i got a question, where did u get the 12V power source from? Did u tap into the cigerette lighter like some ppl did? How did u run it through the firewall? Im sorry, im a newbie at engine stuff, dont want to fuck anything up. Thanks for ur help again Blackmagik.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
I'm pretty sure I got the power AND ground from the wires where the cigarette lighter's at. Running it through the firewall, I went through the grommet (thick rubber piece) that's under the steering column. It comes out in the engine bay right underneath and behind the battery tray.

Also, when you're putting the wires through the grommet, be careful not to poke any of the wires already running through there (HUGE bundle of wiring that goes to your ecu etc.) It easiest IMO to use a coat hanger, tie the wiring to the straightened out coat hanger, and poke it through the grommet. Mine already had a hole in it from my subwoofer speaker wire so, it was pretty easy.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that sounds simple enough, im installing them this thursday. If i have any questions, ill come back and post. Thanks again for the info and help.

·
Registered
293 Posts
all of his videos help pretty much everyone out.... hats tipped to you blackmagik

1 - 10 of 10 Posts