Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am in the process of having a "one off" front lip made for my car. My brother-in-law is very handy with bodywork, and with the winter coming its a good time to let him have it for a few days. I have been close to getting the AutoEXE front splitter...

But its too expensive and its more of a splitter than a lip....

What I am wanting for you to do is help me make a picture of what I need to show my brother-in-law, all ideas welcome.

Thanks so much. Pictures of my car are linked below.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I am in a similar situation with a buddy of mine who fabricates fiber-glass molds for show cars . I've mentioned it to him about a splitter to go under my sport bumper that I want to keep ! We've come to the conclusion that he would make it in Carbon Fiber - so maybe it's an idea for you to ponder ?

In the picture the splitter is pretty boring to look at with its bland lines .... I think if you want your friend can do better . If you've ever seen how the '03-'05 bottom lip of bumpers are cut ; well this is THE shape that turns me on ;) which is more aggressive than straight lines as in the splitter you're showing .

If you ever get it done , let us know w/pics .

·
Registered
909 Posts
I might as well post these ones up for a laugh... Who knows maybe they will spark some ideas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts