Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a few lowering springs for the Mazda6 and I was wondering if any of them could be an option for the speed6.

Here are the springs along with their spring rate;

a) Tein STECH springs: front (4.9) rear (3.6)
http://www.tein.com/mazda.html

b) Tanabe GF210: front (4.9) rear (3.8)
http://www.tanabe-usa.com/springs/spring_a...ations.asp?id=3

c) Espelir ASD: front (4.7) rear (3.1)
http://www.mackinindustries.com/md/espelir...coilsprings.pdf

Also, if none of those are appropriate for the speed6, should I purchase the springs from Autoexe.

http://www.autoexe.co.jp/

Did anyone on the forum bought the springs from Autoexe because I would like some feedback beofre buying them...they are quite expensive.

Thanx

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
AutoEXE can be purchased through "Corksport.com"...

They are the only springs designed for the Speed.... all others just "Fit"...

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Eibach also makes MazdaSpeed6 springs which you can find at therpmstore.com or I also have a set of Pro-Kit Eibach springs (BNIB) that I will sell you for cheaper (decided not to put them on my Speed).

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Eibach does make Mazdaspeed6 springs, but they are the same as the 6S springs, so kiss your pristine handling goodbye...

AutoEXE makes the only springs APPROPTIATE for the speed6 application, though I still really wish the rear springs were firmer...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eibach does make Mazdaspeed6 springs, but they are the same as the 6S springs, so kiss your pristine handling goodbye...

AutoEXE makes the only springs APPROPTIATE for the speed6 application, though I still really wish the rear springs were firmer...
[/b]
Do you know if anyone installed the springs?

If possible, I would really like some feedback before buying them :D

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Not that I have found...

Spring rates look great though as I said I would like a slightly firmer rear, but their rear sway would probably take care of that...

AutoEXE is a very big in Japan...

They are also working on Coilovers for the speed6..

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not that I have found...

Spring rates look great though as I said I would like a slightly firmer rear, but their rear sway would probably take care of that...

AutoEXE is a very big in Japan...

They are also working on Coilovers for the speed6..
[/b]
Thank you Wiggum !!

Oh...I almost forgot, will the AutoEXE springs work with the OEM shocks?

I dont want to damage the shocks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Do you know if anyone installed the springs?

If possible, I would really like some feedback before buying them :D
[/b]
I ordered AutoExe Mazdaspeed6 springs from Corksport and expect them the 2nd week in May.

Expect a thorough writeup once they are installed and I have the opportunity to experience them in action at MazdaFest at Buttonwillow Raceway on May 20th!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ordered AutoExe Mazdaspeed6 springs from Corksport and expect them the 2nd week in May.

Expect a thorough writeup once they are installed and I have the opportunity to experience them in action at MazdaFest at Buttonwillow Raceway on May 20th!
[/b]
Oh if I may, I have a few questions:

1. When did you ordered the springs?

2. Do you know if Corksport have the springs in stock?

3. Do you know if the AutoEXE springs will work with the OEM shocks?

Please get back to me because I want to order a set asap.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

[/b]
How did you find this out? I know Eibach did a little homework on these springs, why else would they have a different part number if they are the same springs as the 6s? Eibach is a respectable company, I can't see them just re-badging springs...

·
Registered
43 Posts
How did you find this out? I know Eibach did a little homework on these springs, why else would they have a different part number if they are the same springs as the 6s? Eibach is a respectable company, I can't see them just re-badging springs...
[/b]
Its not true, they are different. I thought they were the same also, but after calling, I found out they are different. I put them on my car, and I love it. I gained not lost handling. Looks great and I couldnt be happier.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Its not true, they are different. I thought they were the same also, but after calling, I found out they are different. I put them on my car, and I love it. I gained not lost handling. Looks great and I couldnt be happier.
[/b]
Can you give me the model number? The one they list: 5543.140 is the same for the 03-06 Mazda 6 (not including 4cyl).

Jason

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[/b]
What did they say exactly?

Do you know what is the spring rate?

Can you give us the model number?

I had Eibach springs on my old car and was very happy with them. I was honestly shocked to learn that such a reputable company would do such a thing. Is there anyone who can clarify the situation?

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
[/b]
Do you know if anyone installed the springs? If possible, I would really like some feedback before buying them :D
[/b]
Someone posted at Coast2coast6 claiming that they prototyped the springs. However, the technical information has been disappointingly less than forthcoming.

http://forums.coast2coast6.com/viewtopic.php?t=422

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've had eibach springs and they've been great on one of my old cars. Just try them out and see if you like them. Make sure you get someone to do an alignment right after you install. Its nice while you're installing to see the stock springs next to the ones you will put on your ride.

9 out of 10 times what you pull off the stock car looks like junk compared to whats going in. Can shops test the spring resistance on springs? is there a machine that can do that?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I've had eibach springs and they've been great on one of my old cars. Just try them out and see if you like them. Make sure you get someone to do an alignment right after you install. Its nice while you're installing to see the stock springs next to the ones you will put on your ride.

9 out of 10 times what you pull off the stock car looks like junk compared to whats going in. Can shops test the spring resistance on springs? is there a machine that can do that?
[/b]

NOTHING looks like junk on this car, other than maybe the plastic BOV.

If you guys ever get the chance to look under the car while its on a lift, do it. It is freaking awsome.

It has lots of little goodies that can show you why the Speed6 performs/handles so well.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
And guess what guys.... even if they are different... as with all Eibach springs... they are PROGRESSIVE... not an idealistic spring by any means...

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
About this Discussion
60 Replies
20 Participants
Evan6666
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing