Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight, I went to lock my 2003 Mazda 6 with the keyless, and two strange things happened:
(1) The lights didn't flash to signal the alarm was engaged.
(2) The two dome lights--both in "Door" position--didn't dim out a couple of seconds after I closed the door.

I then noticed:
(1) When I unlocked the doors and got in the driver's seat, the lock symbol was still flashing on the dash, which is normally what it does only when the car is locked.
(2) Also, I was able to move the dome switches to "Off," but the running lights on the inside panels of the doors did not go off. I can't figure out a way to turn those off that is independent from opening and closing the door. They have never malfunctioned before.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? I'm afraid the lights will run down my battery.

Thanks,

Craig

·
Registered
369 Posts
Tonight, I went to lock my 2003 Mazda 6 with the keyless, and two strange things happened:
(1) The lights didn't flash to signal the alarm was engaged.
(2) The two dome lights--both in "Door" position--didn't dim out a couple of seconds after I closed the door.

I then noticed:
(1) When I unlocked the doors and got in the driver's seat, the lock symbol was still flashing on the dash, which is normally what it does only when the car is locked.
(2) Also, I was able to move the dome switches to "Off," but the running lights on the inside panels of the doors did not go off. I can't figure out a way to turn those off that is independent from opening and closing the door. They have never malfunctioned before.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? I'm afraid the lights will run down my battery.

Thanks,

Craig
[/b]
Maybe one of the doors are not fully closed. The lock symbol flashes as soon as you remove your keys. Even if the lock symbol is flashing it doesn't mean the car is lock.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Maybe one of the doors are not fully closed.
[/b]
agreed. it sounds like one of your door triggers is signaling an open door.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I bet your trunk is open

1 - 4 of 4 Posts