Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow drivers,
I am confused and stuck at the step of wiring as I am no professional. I have contacted Mazda as well to give me advice and they have provided me with a diagram on how to perform the task but it only partially helped. I still can't get the part loose and have been scouring the internet trying to find the solution but I cannot as I think what I am doing is not common.

My car model is: Mazda 6 2007 sedan 2.3L petrol without Bose system
This is what they sent me and for better referral
My problem is that I can't detach the wiring loom in the front 2 doors that sits in between the door and the car to ensure the cable aren't crushed and can run into the door. I hope I provided enough information for someone to help.

the diagram states that I must pull the plastic closest to the car away from the door but I don't have enough room and I can't do it without hearing a crackle as if the plastic might break.

I am wondering if anyone here has encountered my problem and knows how to resolve the issue as I don't want to get someone to do this because I don't want to pay the extra money and think this is an awesome project to do on my own.

Thanks in advance,
James

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are you trying to do? You dont list a problem other than something plastic.

Hi,
I am trying fit my new speaker wire through the wiring loom in the door and in order to do this I need to disconnect this part and drill 2 new holes in it. is there another way of fitting the speaker through the door?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why are you running new wire?
I am installing a 4 channel amp which needs to be connected to each individual speaker and the wiring I have would be better than the stock speakers wiring. installing this amp underneath driver seat and mono in the boot. Can I ask why are you questioning this? is there another method other than using existing wire?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Because unless youre pushing more than 200w per channel, the stock wiring is more than sufficient. Even if you just leave the door wiring and run new wire up to the inside point in the kicks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because unless youre pushing more than 200w per channel, the stock wiring is more than sufficient. Even if you just leave the door wiring and run new wire up to the inside point in the kicks.
I mean I'm not but wouldn't it be cleaner? And also how do I do this new wiring that you are suggesting? I am very new to this. is there any tutorial on how to do this cause I really don't want to give up and pay someone to do it.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Im saying, dont run new wiring. Cleaner? You mean signal/sound wise? No, there is no discernible difference that anyone could ever hear. My suggestion is to get a T harness thatll plug into the back of the radio and you can connect your amp to that for the front and rears. Are you using components in the front?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im saying, dont run new wiring. Cleaner? You mean signal/sound wise? No, there is no discernible difference that anyone could ever hear. My suggestion is to get a T harness thatll plug into the back of the radio and you can connect your amp to that for the front and rears. Are you using components in the front?
I have the new harness for the new headunit and a harness that was given to me with the new facia that I ordered. is this what you are talking about? I am installing Focal 570 AC in front and rear. how would you go about this?
Thanks for all the help so far this has been great!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Why are you going with a new HU? even if using a new HU, youll still need to feed the stock wiring with the amp and will need a T harness. This plugs into the factory wiring and the adapter for the new HU and gives you pigtails to connect to the amps. Are you 100% positive you have oval speakers in the doors and not round ones? Most 6's have components in the front (separate tweeters and mids) and coaxials in the rear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts