Mazda 6 Forums banner

Help in Buying a 6

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  MikeyD 
#1 ·
My daughter is interested in a Mazda 6 with an automatic. I have located a '05 with 25k, alloys and rear spoiler for $16,500 which seems to be the book price. The car is in great condition. The only thing it does not have leather or a sunroof which my daughter wants.It has the 4cyl which seems to have adequate power. My budget is at that 16.5 number and it is the right color-RED. Should I wait or buy now? Can I find an '05 loaded for the same price or an '04. Any help would be appreciated.

#8 ·
Check out www.getauto.com and enter your zip code. Also, any dealer should be willing to let go a 6i Grand Touring (if you can find one), which is 4cyl auto and leather for about $19k new right now.

heres one
can call to ask about options

heres another one
btw how old is your daughter?
[/b]
First one's a base model with no Convenience Package and definitely no leather.

2nd one is base model with Convenience Pkg., no leather.

Keep in mind also that the 2005 models have standard ABS and traction control, which was an option in 03 and 04 models. That adds a measure of safety especially for a young driver...

#10 ·
I dunno how much this will help, but I picked up my '06 6i MTX almost 2 weeks ago for $16,400. If theres still some '06 6i automatics out there, you may just be able to get one within your budget.
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/vlResults....%2CMZ6++I+++A++
[/b]
Thanks for the replies. My daughter is 18 and wants Performance White . It would have to be a 6s with automatic, leather, traction and sunroof. Found an '03 yesterday with 25k mikes and a Mazda warranty till 100k for 15,900 but it was sold by the time I got to the dealership. I cannot find Mazda dealers or independents will ing to lowe the price much below what they are asking. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#11 ·
all i have to say is a mazda 6 is a wise choice for performance, quality and reliabilty!GO DAD!

#12 ·
You can get a brand new 06 for under 18.5, so it may be a drive to get to but for brand new it would be worth it. With leather and sunroof it may come closer to 18.5, but why spend 2k less for a 2 year old car? In the long run it would be worth it, even though I'm not a fan of "giving" cars to kids (even just getting out my my teens myself). Just remember that if you get one with a Mazda warrantee, if the driver is under 21 they can't get a loaner car for any warrantee work :tear:

July 27th, I got an 06 6i mtx for 18.2 OTD, so surely you can get that now, even with options.

Standard Mazda rebates (at least at the end of July, but the car should be cheaper now) - 1500->2500 automatically off, 500 extra if you finance through Mazda.

#13 ·
You can get a brand new 06 for under 18.5, so it may be a drive to get to but for brand new it would be worth it. With leather and sunroof it may come closer to 18.5, but why spend 2k less for a 2 year old car? In the long run it would be worth it, even though I'm not a fan of "giving" cars to kids (even just getting out my my teens myself). Just remember that if you get one with a Mazda warrantee, if the driver is under 21 they can't get a loaner car for any warrantee work :tear:

July 27th, I got an 06 6i mtx for 18.2 OTD, so surely you can get that now, even with options.

Standard Mazda rebates (at least at the end of July, but the car should be cheaper now) - 1500->2500 automatically off, 500 extra if you finance through Mazda.
[/b]
Thanks for the reply. I have tried all the Mazda dealers in a 75 mile radius and they are not willing to negotiate that much. I saw some '06s that stocker just under 20k but they had only an automatic.

#15 ·
if the one you found for $16,500 is what you want, that might be the best deal you'll find for a 6s with everythign you want in it

05 Performance White 6s Grand Touring
this is the only one on cars.com
[/b]
Thanks. I spoke to the dealer thi morning. The saleman admits that this is too much for the car. He said he will call back if they can do better on the price.

#17 ·
where do you live? i have a 2004 mazda 6 red fully loaded 4 sale. with leather nice set of rims, exhaust, cold air intake. its a beatiful car! with 20k miles! Im in freehold nj!!!!

#18 ·
I feel your pain in the 75 mile radius... I didn't even have a manual available for sale in a 75 mile radius, I drove 240 highway miles (about a 180 mile radius) just to get a stupid mtx 6i

It only slightly helped that the location was where I was/will continue going to college after this year. Lots of time to complain if I need it :D

#22 ·
Buy a mazda 6. They are great cars. For 16.500 dollars though your getting jipped. You could buy a BRand spakin new '06 for the same price and a lot more miles on your warranty left.
[/b]

I cannot fiind a 6s GT for less than 15k for an '03 and about 16k for an '04. I have searched all over and visited all the Mazda dealers as well as EBAY, Car Trader, cars.com, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.