Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a new CD player and the Metra kit in my '05 6i the other day, and when we put everything back together, the heat control knob only goes from all the way hot, counter clockwise back to the middle, then it stops. Even when in the full-hot mode, though, the air does not get warm. The other 2 knobs work fine.

Anyone else have this problem after installing the metra kit? I am planning to pull it all back apart today and try to fix it, but any guidance would be helpful.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
wish i could help ya out with this one...i'm just guessing that the heat control knob wasn't put back properly...thats probably the only reason take it appart and rework it again making sure everything LINES up properly...just my .02 as i do not have the kit...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wish i could help ya out with this one...i'm just guessing that the heat control knob wasn't put back properly...thats probably the only reason take it appart and rework it again making sure everything LINES up properly...just my .02 as i do not have the kit...
[/b]

That's what I thought, too, but I ripped it back off yesterday, and even with the trim peice off, andthe knob attached directly to the control stick behind the trim, it still didnt go back past half....

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
there's another thread of someone who did the same thing.

if i recall, that person had to remove the knob/switch, line everything up and re-install. i wouldn't get too freaked out. it's probably an easy fix.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there's another thread of someone who did the same thing.

if i recall, that person had to remove the knob/switch, line everything up and re-install. i wouldn't get too freaked out. it's probably an easy fix.
[/b]

I've been doing random searches on the board this morning, trying to find a thread about it somewhere, but so far have come up with nothing. If anyone can find that thread for me, and post the link, I'd appreciate it...

·
Registered
829 Posts
I installed a new CD player and the Metra kit in my '05 6i the other day, and when we put everything back together, the heat control knob only goes from all the way hot, counter clockwise back to the middle, then it stops. Even when in the full-hot mode, though, the air does not get warm. The other 2 knobs work fine.

Anyone else have this problem after installing the metra kit? I am planning to pull it all back apart today and try to fix it, but any guidance would be helpful.

Thank you
[/b]
Follow the little wire all the way to right...pull the black cover up and set it back in between the right clip.

Sorry, this is totally not understandable, but if you open it up and and follow the wire (hooked up to the temp control), I think you'll see what I mean.

Basically the black cover over the wire is getting stuck and not allowing you to turn it any more.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Follow the little wire all the way to right...pull the black cover up and set it back in between the right clip.

Sorry, this is totally not understandable, but if you open it up and and follow the wire (hooked up to the temp control), I think you'll see what I mean.

Basically the black cover over the wire is getting stuck and not allowing you to turn it any more.
[/b]
THANKS!! THat was exactly right!

You guys are the best!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
hawk1500
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing