Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would really appreciate anybody's thoughts or input on how to do this. Has anyone tried it and can offer tips? I am just going to use my JVC deck and an AUX input to the factory system.

I'd like to do this soon but am really hoping for some suggestions. I've tried searching already and couldn't find anything. I do not want to use a conversion kit that leaves the unit in plain site, I'd prefer to keep it concealed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
hmmm....i feel quite unpopular....
[/b]
Cheer up buddy....no one is unpopular in the Mazda 6 Club. :) I wish i could help u, but I'm not replacing my radio with a after market one. I replaced my stock radio with a MP3 Bose 6-Disk radio for my 2006 MS6. What year is your car?

·
Registered
542 Posts
I would really appreciate anybody's thoughts or input on how to do this. Has anyone tried it and can offer tips? I am just going to use my JVC deck and an AUX input to the factory system.

I'd like to do this soon but am really hoping for some suggestions. I've tried searching already and couldn't find anything. I do not want to use a conversion kit that leaves the unit in plain site, I'd prefer to keep it concealed.

Thanks!
[/b]
SO do you want to hide your JVC head unit?? well the only way of doing that is installing it in the map compartment and have the map compartment door close over it!! Is that what you are wanting?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Are you saying you want to put the deck in the arm rest compartment? or the map compartment? If you got a regular HU, then the map compartment shouldn't be too difficult. Just run the wire straight down. You might have to do some cutting because that compartment won't be deep enough. But you can also consider the glove box on the right. If you're talking about the armrest, it is much easier if you have the Bose sound due to the position of the wiring harness being under the passenger seat. Either way you'll have to customize your own mounting brackets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts