Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys,

kinda need your help, i am new to this forum,
i just got my mazda 6i ATX fully loaded,17" alloys, moon roof,full body kit. 2 weeks now, and after the 1000 KM service, i felt like the power has dropped down!, 0-60 takes me about 10 seconds, is this typical?
what are your stock 6i ATX timings guys?please post them here.

don't know if this matters, but i live in Bahrain, middle east, so i am guessing it varies here, i read 160 hp all over the thread, while in here they claim it to be 156 hp..

am really getting confused with my car, want to make it faster to beat the hell out of the new civic atx 1.8. stock!! as it has whipped my ass!!

help me out guys, what mods can i do to get my car faster, this stupid place doesen't have a CE-P CAI, and besides they say installing a CAI will throw my warranty bye bye!!

i don't want to lose my warranty, but i want my car to go faster!!

help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
only way to make your car go faster and not loose your warranty is to t rade it in and get a faster car.

You can't make the car faster without adding something aftermarket to it.. plain and simple.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
only way to make your car go faster and not loose your warranty is to t rade it in and get a faster car.

You can't make the car faster without adding something aftermarket to it.. plain and simple.[/b]

fair enough, but am not looking for extreme speeds here, got the 3mps, not that bad, don't know why they don't have the 6mps nor the 6v, so had to go for the 6i,

say i would forget about the warranty, or i would want to add mods and return the car back to stock everytime i go to the dealer, what mods can i perform, i don't want my CEL to light up because of CAI systems, and as i understand from the thread only using CE-P CAI will insure that as it has a solenoid input or something like that, sorry but my knoledge in cars and my english aren't that good, so do excuse me guys..

thanx Axion for your reply,

·
Registered
172 Posts
if you want to install a cold are intake and dont want you warrenty to be voiud you have to buy the mazdaspeed sells.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
You can install ANY CAI you want, I run an AEM on my 6i and don't have a CEL and never have. You take that chance when installing one, and if done right you shouldn't have to worry about it. You could take it off and replace the airbox every time but thats a pain in the ass for sure..

And as far as the warranty, that just depends on the dealership you go to. Some places are very picky, others aren't. My dealer basically told me that a mod only voids your warranty if it is the direct result of the problem your taking it in for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can install ANY CAI you want, I run an AEM on my 6i and don't have a CEL and never have. You take that chance when installing one, and if done right you shouldn't have to worry about it. You could take it off and replace the airbox every time but thats a pain in the ass for sure..

And as far as the warranty, that just depends on the dealership you go to. Some places are very picky, others aren't. My dealer basically told me that a mod only voids your warranty if it is the direct result of the problem your taking it in for.[/b]
went out looking for CAI's and couldn't find anything but K&N and AEM, any idead which could be best, and can anyone link me to how to install the CAI, and what should i do with the sensors in the box or so,

went looking for exhaust systems, couldn't find anything that is actually for a mazda 6 anywhere, although i found a place that said they would costumize me one, do you guys think i should go for it, or just try ordering something off the internet?

thanx Axion, been a real help,

adios...

·
Registered
141 Posts
i'm planning on getting a custom exhaust(2.25",dual exhaust) done myself...i got the 2004 6i atx...the CAI i got is Fujita...check out the site...F5air.com....or just go look around ebay....buy the turbo kit...for sure trash any civic....

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
you can just order 2 magnaflow mufflers and have them installed if you want, and i would go with the aem over the k&n anyday. the aem is a metal pipe and the k&n has some hose shit on it and pipe.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Here are a few ideas to try:

Check for Mr. Teas timing mod. Easy to do and won't affect the warranty.

Remove the intake resonator box and let some cold air into your air box. The dealer will never know... You can mod the airbox so it breathes as well as a CAI if you have the time/patience.

Optimizing the throttle body is good for several horses and better throttle response across the rev range. A stealth mod that the dealer would never know about unless he took apart the intake and inspected the TB. (Even then they probably wouldn't know...) See: http://cordovamotorsports.com/mazda_products.html

The cat back, axle-back, and new muffler mods won't make your car any faster. You need to have the exhaust choke points removed. There is a choke point between the cat and resonator as shown below:

Cut the choke points out and have new 2 1/4" pipe welded in like this:

The output of the resonator and the input to the rear Y are also choke points that can be removed:

Have new 2 1/4" pipe welded in...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.