Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, weird issue, here's what happens,

im in pretty much any gear, and when i give it some gas, i get a 'click-click' that seems to be coming from the bottom kinda left side of the car. it only happens when i load the car for acceleration, it does not make the noise when im at high rpm and then just let go of the gas ( not sure of what to call that, but you all with manuals know what im talking about)

its a click click, 2 clicks only, its not a valve click, it might be suspension related, although it does not make the noise over bumps.

im thinking it might be the engine mount. i'd like to know what everyone else thinks might be somthing to look at when i jack the car up tommorow.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cant see my sig?

cpe intake
H&R springs
18'' rims and tires (if that matters)
torqueforward engine mount
rpm short shifter kit.

i think thats all i have thats mechanical, or power related, the rest is visual,

the noise only happens right when the engine is loaded, after then engine is loaded, no clicking occurs.

its only for that beginning right when you hit the gas, when the engine loads, i get a click-click.

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
Ah sorry I have sigs turned off because they rediculously annoying.

Is it kinda of like a squeek? Try shoving a piece of cardboard between the cp-e intake and the heatshield, see if the noise goes away.

Other then that, I'd check to make sure the front springs were seated properly. If they are slightly off their seat, they'll make a pop noise loaded/unloaded...thats usually in a turn though.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
if i remember, he got his intake in the group buy which means he got the rubber tubing to stop the squeaking...which for me has worked great ;)

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a metal on metal sound, its definatley not the intake, (and ive checked that already)

the car wasnt making this sound before, and ive had the springs on for about 4k miles now i think.

i can kinda feel the clunk through my feet when it happens, leading me to believe it might be the engine mount just being raped.

so i guess check all suspension related components, make sure everything is tight? check out the wishbone mount?

you wouldnt think that the wishbone mount would make a metallic click-click sound.... because there is still some rubber there.

its definatley click-click, 2 clicks, metal on metal, not a squeek, ( you could probably even call it a lighter pitch clunk-clunk) and i hear it from the front left underside ish of the car. it feels like its under the car, not suspension related because i took it over some bumps and such to see if it made the noise from the front left wheel with no luck.

il hafta do some further testing mebbe, if it isnt obvious when i look underneath the car.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
turned out that it was the bolts holding the heatshield to the frame of the car, they were loose and the heatshield was clanging around.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
squeak is the intake rubbing against the heatshield.

i had a click click or a clank clank, the heatshield was loose and was sliding around when the intake torqued it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
dayam6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing