Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i need help diagnosing a problem that i have been having. When the car is cold shifting from 1st to 2nd i get a clunk in the gearbox as soon i enter 2nd gear and when i shift from 2nd to 3rd i get a clunk when entering 3rd gear. All the other gears do not make a clunk and after i have driven for 10-15 minutes the clunk goes away but comes back sometime. What do you guys think this is! I've searched and come up with nothing!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does the "clunk" noise happen when you connect the clutch or actually shift.

If it happens when you connect the clutch, its an issue with the clutch bearing, this could be a serious problem or an inconvenience, depending on the actual condition of the bearing, I had a saturn that made the noise in 1st gear, put over 40k miles on it with that sound and never had to replace the clutch, car died for other reasons.

If however, the sound occurs when you actually shift, this could be a major issue with the syncros which will only get worse with time.

You should have this checked out, its hard to determine without hearing the actual sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
dewthenet
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing