Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a brand new 2006 mazda6s 3.0L MTX it only has 3,600 miles on it. I was driving down the road in third gear alittle about 2,500 rpms and all of a sudden the car started acting up. I noticed the rpm guage was going crazy, up and down about 500 rpms and when i pushed on the gas nothing happened. I pulled over at a gas station and shut the car off and right away checked the oil. It was full and no leaks were under the car. I started up the car again and it was running fine so i took it to autozone since it was right next door to where i pulled over. THey pluged in the OBD II scanner and it says p2112 TAC stuck CLosed, but we looked it up in the book and apperently that code is not listed because its such a new car. My dad told me that possibly since the car is so new that that scanner might be giving me a faulse code and to take it to the dealer. Any advise will help out a lot.

OK i just checked on the forum here where they have CEL codes for the 3.o and it says Throttle actuator control system -stuck closed

·
Registered
2,574 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah looks like They will be replacing my TB or doing something, i am going to drop the car off tomorrow morning and hopefully they can get it fixed fast!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So i dropped off the mazda at the dealer and turned out that my Throtle Body was bad , they replaced my TB with a new one and had my car back to me within 3 hours and i got a rental car. That was the best service i have ever had in my life!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
crossbow
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing