Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone

I am have been messing with this for a few days now and I'm stuck on what to do.

I am trying to hook up an amp and sub through my 2005 6s with bose. I can get my amp to turn on just fine but can't get a signal through my loc. I was able to for a split second and now nothing. I am using the brown as + and the brown/black as -

I've tried 3 different loc's and am splicing the wires before the bose sub amp....please help this is really starting to piss me off.

My bose sub still works BTW

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm taking the signal from the sub harness right before the amp. I'm trying not to take apart my dash. I've done lots of searching and haven't found anyone with this problem. Just looking for the best plan of attack

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
.....the signals coming from the stock HU are line level, NOT amplified. Search for it, or read the stickies. But, you dont need the LOC if you take the signal from the HU.....
I'm taking the signal from the sub harness right before the amp. I'm trying not to take apart my dash. I've done lots of searching and haven't found anyone with this problem. Just looking for the best plan of attack
From the HU is the same as right before the Bose amp...

And 2 posts above yours....

http://forum.mazda6club.com/car-electronics/138807-bose-wiring.html

·
Registered
1,438 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so what you are saying is tht a loc is not necessary since the sub harness is not amplified. Therefore connecting rcas to the sub harness is the way to go. I'm just confused as to why I am unable to get a signal from my loc.

That being the case should I get (2) rcas y connectors and splice the positives to the "tubed" part of the rcas and the other to the negatives?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Go to radioshack and get a gold plated female to male(2) Y RCA adapter and a 6ft shielded RCA cable (has a male end and the other end has the positive and negatives ready for you to connect wires to. The brown (+) goes to the shielded, center wire and the black/red(-) goes to the other wire. Then just connect everything. Do not use a loc, it's only needed if you do NOT have the Bose system.

I have a 2004 M6s w/ Bose and I am taking the signal from underneath the rear deck (had to take it off) so you cant see any wires other then the stock ones when you look into the trunk. I run the 8'' stock sub and two sealed 10's together. In about a month or two I will be getting two AE IB12's or 15's instead of the 10s.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I read somewhere to take a y-rca with 1m and 2f splice the male and hook that up to the brown and b/bk and then hook the normal rcas to everything. Is there a different result derived from doing this? it seems easier

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
It's the same thing. The way you described you have to cut the male end of the Y adapter and then wire the brown to the positive and the black/red to the negative. The way I told you is the exact same except you dont have to cut anything because it's already ready to attach wire to.

My way-
Stock signal wires -> shielded RCA cable adapter -> Y-adapter RCA (1F, 2M) -> amp

The other way-
Stock signal wires -> cut Y-adapter (1M, 2F) -> two separate RCA cables -> amp

Reactions: 6i Mazda

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Did you get it working?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts