Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, its been a while since i been here. The Mazda 6 i had crapped out on me 2 years ago. But, now im on the fence on buying another 04 Mazda 6, but going for the 4 cylinder this time around.

I wont be seeing the car until Friday. It has 100k miles and going for $800. I spoke with the owner and the problem is the car stalls when cold. It runs drives when warm. And apparently the camshaft sensor is bad and that's why its stalling. Or so her mechanic says. Which has been replaced several times now.

If you guys could help me out and give me advice what to look for and diagnosis i would really appreciate it :)

·
Rally Racer
1,994 Posts
Hello guys, its been a while since i been here. The Mazda 6 i had crapped out on me 2 years ago. But, now im on the fence on buying another 04 Mazda 6, but going for the 4 cylinder this time around.

I wont be seeing the car until Friday. It has 100k miles and going for $800. I spoke with the owner and the problem is the car stalls when cold. It runs drives when warm. And apparently the camshaft sensor is bad and that's why its stalling. Or so her mechanic says. Which has been replaced several times now.

If you guys could help me out and give me advice what to look for and diagnosis i would really appreciate it :)
Another Mazda. The 6i is a 4cyl, the 6s is a 6cyl.
I would start with checking any codes. If the sensor has been "replaced several times" I would say that is not the problem.
Stalling when cold can be fuel related, faulty ignition, sensors, compression, vacuum leak... a lot of different things really. Possibly why "she" is selling the car?
Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts