Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone,

Was looking at the Mazda6Tech site to find out how to raise my 6. I bought a floor jack and some jack stands. However, when I opened the box, I found a good case of false advertising. The jack stands don't like the ones on the box!

[attachmentid=12775]

Second problem: It doesn't look like these jack stands will hold up the 6 as shown in this pic from the how-to. The 'metal thingy' with the two bolts doesn't look like it will rest on the jacks right. If the jacks looked like the ones on the box, I think it would work. I thought jack stands would be a universal/standardized thing?

[attachmentid=12776]

Third problem: so I go back to the auto store and tell them about the discrepancy. The guy said he's never even SEEN jacks that look like the ones on the box picture. He also said that I shouldn't be resting the car on that part of the vehicle and should instead put it on the frame of the car which is farther inward widthwise. Is he right? Is the guide wrong, or is it my jacks?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I have the same ones that you got and they are fine. The car will still rest on them fine and not slip.

Next, DO NOT place the jacks under the frame. Use the pinch seam as shown in your second picture. If you put the jack stands under the frame, you run a bigger risk of them slipping and damaging something more substantial.

Finally, go to the auto parts store and slap the clerk.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!! I'm so relieved that somebody else has the same set of stands and is using it on their 6. I figured if the Mazda6Tech How-to was wrong, somebody would have made said something and made a correction by now.

I have the same ones that you got and they are fine. The car will still rest on them fine and not slip.

Next, DO NOT place the jacks under the frame. Use the pinch seam as shown in your second picture. If you put the jack stands under the frame, you run a bigger risk of them slipping and damaging something more substantial.

Finally, go to the auto parts store and slap the clerk.
[/b]

·
Registered
123 Posts
the jacks on the 2nd pics look like the ones they sell at harborfrieght tools.
[/b]
Anyone know of another place that sells jack stands with the slot? I tried some Rally stands I got from Kmart but the saddle isn't deep enough to stradle the metal at the jack locations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
Indy MPS6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing