Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its going to be my first time on track. i got a atx transmission. i going u against an integra gsr with most bolt on modifications. im just asking if anybody can give me some tips on how to use my atx to the fullest. whether i should use the tiptronic or step on the gas and brke before launch. please advise

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
might wanna throw in 6s or 6i as well as the year as the trannis have changed on some models.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=16071

If your friend can drive, a GSR with bolt ons (intake/header/exhaust) should be a 14 sec car in the 1/4 mile. Of course thats if he can drive and if the car is running properly. Do you have any mods on your car?
[/b]
as of today no mods. thats why i want to see how my cars gonna fair against a gsr. after that im gonna put some bolt ons and see how much faster i get.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
If its your first time on the track, focus on haveing fun and keeping your car off the grass and not worrying about beating the friend. Learn the track first. There are pleanty of tips on cornering and braking on line that is much more important then the atx. I would personally keep the car in D as I've heard that the tiptronic is slower so even if you're using it to downshift, it might not react fast enough anyway.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
is this a real track or is it an autocross course? those are vastly different and i sure as HELL wouldn't recommend your first racing experience to be on a real course.

if its autocrossing...don't use tiptronic until you have a good grip on the basics. if you're going to take this seriously (i cant tell either way) then you need to set a gradual learning curve for yourself.

its a lot easier than you think to hurt someone or yourself, always place safety before anything else though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts