Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hope someone can help with this. i have a 2007 mazda 6i and i was changing the little light bulb in the sun visor of the drivers side. when i re-connected the two wires to the electrical prongs on the visor my alarm started going off, and my transmitters wouldnt turn it off. nothing would. i had to open up the trunk and disconnect the battery to stop the alarm. in the mean time i tried starting the car and turning it off hoping that would stop it, but nothing. i had to disconnect the battery, and everytime i reconnect it the alarm starts going off (as it usually would when u reconnect the battery) but my transmitters still wouldnt turn it off. the alarm will go through its cycle, stop for about 5 seconds and then go off again. anybody have any ideas??? i called mazda service and they told me i shouldnt have changed the bulb myself and they wouldnt give me any help or advice over the phone. ironically i have a service appointment tomorrow for an extra key to be programmed that they owed me, but they guy said if i screwed something up now its my fault and i could be charged bc i did the light bulb myself and didnt bring it in!
i did try to replace the factory bulb with a LED bulb but when i made the reconnection thats when the battery started going off. i didnt tell service it was a new LED bulb in fear they may say i def shouldnt have done that.

i already tried leaving the sun visor electrical connections off, and then reconnecting the battery, but it still wouldnt turn off. i think it may have something to do with my keys bc not even the trunk release button worked, but then again the alarm was going off so maybe that function is disabled if the alarm is going.
anyone have any ideas of what i can try, please let me know! i dont even know how i can drive it, i guess the whole time the alarm would be going off. which sucks bc i live 25 min away from the service dept. please help!
mike

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok, i got the alarm to stop going off by putting it into maunal override mode. but now when i start the car nothing inside lights up except the speedo cluster..

the radio doesnt turn on, no map lights will work, the door lights dont come on, nothing... i guess im in trouble here. i checked the fuse in the engine compartment that the manual says protects the radio illumination, and thats not broken.

i guess i gotta make up one hell of a story for mazda tomorrow when i go in so that they wont blame it on me!

id still be open to any suggestions

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright well it turns out it was a blown fuse that created all that havic.
a little 15amp in the inside fuse box disabled my transmitters and was making the alarm go off until i used manual override. i changed the fuse and everything went back to normal. thats one heck of an important fuse!

sorry to waste everyones time.

if anyone knows how to delete these posts your more then welcome to

·
Registered
605 Posts
What fuse was it that was blown. Just incase someone else would have this problem. So that we know what to check.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What fuse was it that was blown. Just incase someone else would have this problem. So that we know what to check.[/b]

it was the 15amp fuse in the fuse box thats inside/drivers kick panel. what happened was (now i realize) the bulb i tried to put into the sun visor mirror was clearly too big for it, (but like an idiot i tried it anyway) and that blew bc when i connected the wire again thats when the trouble started.
so i looked in the manual at the fuse box diagrams under "owner maintanence" and i saw Number 13 in the diagram which is "room light" or "overhead light" and i checked that and it was clearly blown

by the way, i went to auto zone and auto barn and neither had the exact size fuse. they had 15amps but they were all longer. i asked the guy at auto zone and he assured me "15 amps is 15 amps" so i tried it anyway and it does work, just sticks out a little.
the guy said hes never seen one like the one in our cars so small. who knows

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.