Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i want to add a second PCV valve to my car (i don't care if you don't understand why). i was following the instructions 84fordman put on mazda6tech (http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewtopic.php?t=4271). The problem is that i have a 2005 and i think we have a different hose set up for the PCV valve. i don't have an elbow and another tube. actually the elbow that i do have looks extremely different and i don't want to cut it for fear of not being able to use it again. my question is: can i get an elbow like the one pictures at an autozone or napa? it seems like a pretty generic part, what should i ask for?

that elbow

thanks

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
almost 300 users on tonight and nobody has done this?

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Generic alright, alot on this car is generic, I used a Help! off the shelf heater hose elbow when a 6S wagon owner broke his trying to bypass the throttle body coolant line.

It's a 5/8" elbow.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks 84fordman....i figured it was generic...but i wanted to make sure...i'll hit up NAPA and see if i can get myself one of those today

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Anyone have pics of the finished product? I'm going to do this while I'm changing out my spark plugs.
[/b]
The picture posted is the finished product on my 03.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got a HELP! elbow, you'll need one if you have an '05, i'm not sure about '04...i'll post the part number for future reference after i make sure it works tonight.

·
Registered
179 Posts
ok, i want to add a second PCV valve to my car (i don't care if you don't understand why). i was following the instructions 84fordman put on mazda6tech (http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewtopic.php?t=4271). The problem is that i have a 2005 and i think we have a different hose set up for the PCV valve. i don't have an elbow and another tube. actually the elbow that i do have looks extremely different and i don't want to cut it for fear of not being able to use it again. my question is: can i get an elbow like the one pictures at an autozone or napa? it seems like a pretty generic part, what should i ask for?

that elbow

thanks
[/b]
I think it's those pine needles that are your problem. Probably clogging up that hose and preventing an elbow. You're going to need to change your PCV oil to get rid of the problem. :nana:

ok, lame joke, but whatever!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
fly757
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing