Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i'd just changed my parking lights too ... it's a 2-LED, and it was working 2-3 weeks ago, but now it doesnt light up anymore... last night, my friends (who were in front of my car) told me that the 194 bulbs were flashing, and they were right :( . And when i checked it this morning, it doesnt light up. I need some help here.. thx.. :D

is it because i need to get a LED load equalizer? cz i have an alarm, and when i touch a button, the side marker, parking lights, and tail lights flashes. Is that the reason why the bulb doesnt light up anymore?

thanx so much if u can help me... :)

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LED blew up ??? how can that be??? and for what reason ??? does that mean i cant use LED for my parking lights or brake lights???

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Yep, they blew. Even when it's LED.

I replaced most of my interior dome LEDs once already because they blew (don't know why). However, my parking lights, side door and licence plate LEDs are still going strong after 1 year.

First symptom of the light is about to go bad is flickering (which happened to you).

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm.. that's weird... i thought LED are hard to malfunction or something.... hmm oh well .. i m goin to get an exchange... should i get the same 2-LED or get a xenon super white bulb from Eurolite? which one is brighter? but i think the xenon ones will get yellow over time?

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
The choice is up to you. But I thought Eurolite is expensive. Is it?

I bought 4 LEDS from autolumination.com. But remember, their superwhite is not white, it's more like bluish purple.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm yeah true,,, i guess all LEDs are not super white.

The 2-LEDs i bought is bluish purple output too.

But anyway, how do u rate autolumination.com ? how's the service? so u r using 4-LEDs for the parking lights? do u think the 5-LEDs matrix bulb will fit in there as well as the dome lights?

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I think autolumination is pretty good. No problem in getting bulbs from them.

Look at the spec here

For interior dome lights, don't go wider than the 4 LEDS. If you see the measurement for the 5 LEDS, it's wider. So, to be safe, just use 4 LEDS. Or you can buy 1 5 LEDS and let us know if it will fit or not.

·
Registered
850 Posts
will the 5 work for the parking lights?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
You can put the 6LED from superbrightleds.com in the parking lights. They are a bit smaller then the ones on autolumination.com

Also, I replaced my drivers side one as it had blown a few weeks back and it seems it's starting to flicker too. But my passenger one is still going strong. And I just ran into a problem with my fog lights too which now don't work at all as I was changing my drivers side bulb.

Takin it to the dealer this weekend.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Originally posted by t_mo_t@Dec 5 2004, 12:39 AM
Hey guys, i'd just changed my parking lights too ... it's a 2-LED, and it was working 2-3 weeks ago, but now it doesnt light up anymore... last night, my friends (who were in front of my car) told me that the 194 bulbs were flashing, and they were right :( . And when i checked it this morning, it doesnt light up. I need some help here.. thx.. :D

is it because i need to get a LED load equalizer? cz i have an alarm, and when i touch a button, the side marker, parking lights, and tail lights flashes. Is that the reason why the bulb doesnt light up anymore?

thanx so much if u can help me...  :)
[snapback]331726[/snapback]​
same shit happened to me...except only 2 of the 4 leds actually blew.
on Cachetes3's car....his 4led blew. We just ordered new ones.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I had 2 super white inverted LEDs in my front parking lights, but they both died before the 6 month mark. The problem is LEDs are sensitive to heat and voltage spikes. The LEDs are in the same housing as the high beam H1, which gets very, very hot. I use my high beams a lot, and the heat in the high beam housing is probably more than the LEDs can handle. I love the way the LEDs look in the front parking lights, but I don't think I am going to be able to use them there. I have LEDs in the doors and license plate light sockets, and they are doing fine.

Autolumination has some bluish 194 regular bulbs I might try to I can get the look of the LEDs but with more durability.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
TheSwamp6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing