Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I just recieved my auxmod I have a 06' model. Is the removal of the hu any diff than the 05' write up on mazda6tech? Also where are you guys wiring the mini input the best I can think is through the hole at the bottom of the center console any other suggestions?

Second I want to start upgrading my stock speaker system. The only problem I'm having with that is will it be worth it upgrading the speakers and addings subs and amp just to run them off the stock hu?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Removeing the dash on the 06 is the same as the 05. I had no problem removing mine to put the Aux mod in.

·
Registered
705 Posts
First off I just recieved my auxmod I have a 06' model. Is the removal of the hu any diff than the 05' write up on mazda6tech? [/b]
No.

Also where are you guys wiring the mini input the best I can think is through the hole at the bottom of the center console any other suggestions? [/b]
Your preference really since you will be the one accessing this and looking at it on a regular basis.

Second I want to start upgrading my stock speaker system. The only problem I'm having with that is will it be worth it upgrading the speakers and addings subs and amp just to run them off the stock hu? [/b]
Absolutely it will be worth it. Of course it won't be as good as running an aftermarket HU or a processor, but I first upgraded my speakers and added a sub and was very pleased with the sound compared to stock. I've since switch to aftermarket HU, component fronts, amped all around and better sounding subs, and I think I have the best in car system I've personally heard in terms of quality. (Excluding show cars)

·
Registered
249 Posts
seems everyone has a problem with there factory sound system... dont get it... mine sounds fine... but then thats my ears...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts