Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I start it up/ put it in drive/ edge about a foot and hear CLINK!!! CLINK!!! I know it's coming from the passenger side. (engine area) If I slow I'll hear it again, but after I've driven a lil' while I won't hear it at all stop or go.

Anyone have any ideas what I'm hearing?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Do you hear it when your at a stop?
Does the sound increase with RPM?
Are you going straight or turning when you first hear it?

It could be a bearing (rod, alternator), a CV joint. Without more information its kind of hard to tell.

A quick check is when you hear it put it in neutral and rev, if it increases then its engine speed based and thus most likely a bearing of some type, if the click doesn't increase then it is something outside the engine in suspension. I would say do this and then you have an idea of where to start looking.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you hear it when your at a stop?
Does the sound increase with RPM?
Are you going straight or turning when you first hear it?

It could be a bearing (rod, alternator), a CV joint. Without more information its kind of hard to tell.

A quick check is when you hear it put it in neutral and rev, if it increases then its engine speed based and thus most likely a bearing of some type, if the click doesn't increase then it is something outside the engine in suspension. I would say do this and then you have an idea of where to start looking.
[/b]
I hear it as I slow to a stop. So, right before I stop. But, it's not constant. Just the first few times.
It does not increase with RPM.
No turning, just slowing to a stop.

I've put it in neutral and rev'd, but nothing out of the ordinary there. IT'S STILL UNDER WARRANTY!!! You guys think the dealership will try to pin the blame on my mods. CAI/Ehaust? Thanks, again...

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
If it's clicking it has something to do with your CV joint/wheel related.

Take it to a gas station and have them look at it first if worse comes to worse, Gas station service is minor comapred to what the dealership will cost you.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, J Dragon I'll take it in Saturday and I've notice you got rid of your 4 banger. How's the MS6!!! Go easy on the clutch...

·
Registered
480 Posts
Its suspension/cv axle/tire for sure, if it doesn't increase with rpm then something outside the engine. Take it to a gas station and have them look is the best option as already stated, but the dealership would be hard pressed to find a way to connect and prove that cai and exhaust caused or is linked to cv axle or suspension problem. If they did I would love to hear it.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its suspension/cv axle/tire for sure, if it doesn't increase with rpm then something outside the engine. Take it to a gas station and have them look is the best option as already stated, but the dealership would be hard pressed to find a way to connect and prove that cai and exhaust caused or is linked to cv axle or suspension problem. If they did I would love to hear it.
[/b]
Thanks, Zoom Zoom B... Yeah, I'm glad you guys don't think it's the engine and it'll be at a gas station later today.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,570 Posts
Just take it to the dealer, there's no reason to waste money at the gas station mechanic's.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I didn't get a chance to take it last FRI/Sat so I will just head over to the dealership. Thanks...

·
Registered
118 Posts
You should take it to the dealer reguardless. My advice would be to return as many things to stock as possible. It may be a PIA, but it will be well worth not having to hear any bull about how your intake f'ed up your suspension. Also, if your service manager is an approachable guy, find out what he thinks about your mods. If he's like mine he'll be ok with your mods if he knows you're takin care of your car with all the correct maintanance appointments. Hope this helps ya out some.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You should take it to the dealer reguardless. My advice would be to return as many things to stock as possible. It may be a PIA, but it will be well worth not having to hear any bull about how your intake f'ed up your suspension. Also, if your service manager is an approachable guy, find out what he thinks about your mods. If he's like mine he'll be ok with your mods if he knows you're takin care of your car with all the correct maintanance appointments. Hope this helps ya out some.[/b]
I'm worried about getting hasled, but I did have them put on my aftermarket wheels and all they said was, "Nice wheels." Won't be able to get my stock exhuast back on since I had to dump it so... Guess I can drop the airbox in. Thanks...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts