Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its funny... cause my first car was a '93 Mazda MX6... LOL

Anyways, so yah, i finally bit the bullet and put $2,000 down on a 2004 Mazda 6 with just over 20,000 miles on it, for $16,000 total. Good deal huh? Im stoked. My first new car, and im so glad i chose this one. Its funny cause i researched Toyota Corolla S', and Scion TC's for the longest time... but then when im at the dealership, i end signing the paperwork and buying this car with out any research. Very odd... just happened so fast, yah know?

Regardless, im in love. I keep finding new things about it i love more that i didnt notice before... can you beleive i didnt even know my model had the 6 Disc CD Changer until after i was driving off the lot? HA! Sweet!

Anyways, its a 2004 Mazda6, with the Pebble Metallic exterior(like a beige champagne color) and beige interior. Its got the sport package, with the spoiler and body kit. Im new to the whole family of Mazda6's, so im not sure what my car has thats standard and what is extra... all i know is its sexy. LOL

Anyway, im glad to be a part of this site too... i love communities based around good cars. I hope to save my money and trick it out a lil bit... any suggestions of what to start with? Tint? New rims? Interior stuff?

Thanks! Oh, im gonna go order one of those Mazda6 Club stickers right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
978 Posts
Glad you found us! There's so much knowledge on this site; I'm sure you'll find many things that you can do to your car. If there is a certain area that you want to improve, let us know. Any advise that we give you depends on what area you want to change and how much you want to spend. In the meantime though, just look around...you'll find many cars that have been modded in different ways that will give you many ideas. Although I haven't been a member long, I have found that my to-do list has grown longer than I have time for... Good luck, and enjoy your car!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Welcome to the club.
I have to agree with polo.
I think rims are what most people go for from a looks point.

Wheels can make or break the looks of just about any car.

BUT do some research because the 6 has a "funky" offset so you need to pick your rims with care!

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
$16,000, was it an 6s?

Anyhow, welcome to the club! You'll find answers to *most* questions here :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$16,000, was it an 6s?

Anyhow, welcome to the club! You'll find answers to *most* questions here :)
[/b]

Yah, it is. Im pretty sure... LOL. After tax and all its closer to $17,000... i got a fuckin deal. The guys at the dealership were awesome. The original sticker price for it was $18,995... but he got it down to like $14,995, thats before tax and everything. I found the New Car sticker in the glove box last night... it was originally $23,000... so, hell yah!

Ps: Im gonna start with lil things for the interior... cause i have the very light colored interior... and im nervous everytime im in it that im gonna mess it up. Anyone know where i can find good looking interior stuff, like face-place replacements, good car seat covers, etc.? Then, imma do the rims and tint.

Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do you have a 6cyl or a 4 banger? with that price, i'm hoping that it's a 6s(6cyl.). 6s is a V6 and 6i is a 4cyl.
[/b]
Havent had any time to look under the hood or anything... just got it on Saturday, and really it all kinda happened so fast i didnt even know witch one it was... but after careful examination of the Mazda.com site, im pretty sure mine is the 6 and not the Speed6. The front grill matches the Mazda6. So, prolly 4 cylinder. Feels like it too. This weekend imma examine the insides of my baby better, so i know what im dealing with.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Havent had any time to look under the hood or anything... just got it on Saturday, and really it all kinda happened so fast i didnt even know witch one it was... but after careful examination of the Mazda.com site, im pretty sure mine is the 6 and not the Speed6. The front grill matches the Mazda6. So, prolly 4 cylinder. Feels like it too. This weekend imma examine the insides of my baby better, so i know what im dealing with.
[/b]

Hell no you are not going to get the speed 6 for 17,000 no way besides I do not even think it was out in 2004. It should say on your papework. There is diffrent types of 6's. What everyone is asking you is do you have the 4 cylinder or the v6. There are 4cylenders going for that price though. It should tell you on the contract that you signed near the body style. Also if it is the v6 it will say it on the back of the car and if it does not then it is not the v6 its the 4 cylinder. Either which way enjoy the car you will still love it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So... waddya think of these rims guys? I used to work at a tire shop...and these were always my favorite when i saw em on cars there. Just went back to the old shop and got these priced for me...

It'd be $1,285 total... i'd charge me Les Schwaab account, and it'd be $300 down, and $50/month. Do you think these would look good my champagne Mazda6? I think so... but i cant decide between a rim with less spokes, or more spokes...

EDIT: Changed my AV to a cell phone pic of my car... also put the full sized pic of my car on the first post of this thread... for those who care. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just ordered these... waddya think? Gonna be sexy me thinks! LOL

BTW... im reconsidering those rims i posted earlier now.. i want rims that are more racer type rims than baller type rims... but i do want them shiny. And those ones arent really shiny. When i worked for Les Schwaab tires back in the day, i always saw those on Honda Civics... and now i know why. LOL

Any suggestions on rims?

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just ordered these... waddya think? Gonna be sexy me thinks! LOL

BTW... im reconsidering those rims i posted earlier now.. i want rims that are more racer type rims than baller type rims... but i do want them shiny. And those ones arent really shiny. When i worked for Les Schwaab tires back in the day, i always saw those on Honda Civics... and now i know why. LOL

Any suggestions on rims?
[/b]

I like the rims. If you get them on your car you need to post pics for sure. Some people like the black rims and I think those are tacky. I like the rims that you showed. They look shiny and make the car look cleaner. On top of that they also are not to big and are thin so I think they are evenly balanced. Maybe a crhome rim would look good that also had a satin finish to it so its not to blinged out. I was also thinking about getting the inside door handle cover and the handle covers. I think it will make the car look nicer. Either which way send some pics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
7 Participants
yuimyt
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing