Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

Just got a new 2018 Mazda6 in Touring for a 3-year lease. So far I love the car except for few minor quirks.

• Android Auto - Had to engage the parking brake for it to activate for the first time. It kept on saying "Please put the car in Park" but it was already in Park so that was kind of confusing.
  • Parking brake - It makes loud noise when engaging and disengaging! Not loud enough to hear if I have the radio on but definitely noticeable when not.
  • No separate TPMS! On a $27K car!
Anyhoo, compared to the Mazda3 I was leasing, this feels so much more substantial.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
598 Posts
Welcome! Glad you like the 6, it’s a very good choice for a full size sedan.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi, SoCal here too! I have a 17' GT. I have TPMS, but no Android auto. I've never noticed any noise with the parking brake and I live on a hill so I always use it. I don't know if the Android upgrade is worth it for me. My music and podcasts are on an iPod I keep in the car and I don't use the phone in the car except for quick calls which my car does fine using bluetooth.

·
Super Moderator
16,957 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your purchase.

I'm surprised to hear that you dislike the idea of Direct TPMS instead of what we all have (Indirect). I LOVE knowing that I can swap any set of tires/rims onto my car at any time, and not have to pay the egregious fees for silly little sensors.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I'm surprised to hear that you dislike the idea of Direct TPMS instead of what we all have (Indirect). I LOVE knowing that I can swap any set of tires/rims onto my car at any time, and not have to pay the egregious fees for silly little sensors.
I thought I read somewhere that the M6 changed with the 18' model and it did have sensors for each wheel. Someone was upset at the cost when they were changing tires. I really don't even know what the difference is, as long as I'm alerted to check my tires, I'm good.

·
Super Moderator
16,957 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yes, there are sensors in the wheels on the 2018.

Living in Canada, that means a set in the summer's wheels and another set in the winter's wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
848 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
++++1

TPMS transmitters just plain suck. ABS reluctor ring based is all I want!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum!

I just got used to checking the pressure on individual tires at a glance on all my cars. Now that I don't have it, I want it :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts