Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Just thought I'd say hello before having a look around. Picked up a new Mazda yesterday and it is fab. Can't wait till the weekend to get some wax over her lovely body :drool:

GiZZeRR

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Guys
Just thought I'd say hello before having a look around. Picked up a new Mazda yesterday and it is fab. Can't wait till the weekend to get some wax over her lovely body :drool:

GiZZeRR
[/b]
Great to meet someone else from this side of the pond!

You'll love the 6TS, had mine six weeks now and It's great. Economical as well at about 35 MPG (2.0 version)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great to meet someone else from this side of the pond!

You'll love the 6TS, had mine six weeks now and It's great. Economical as well at about 35 MPG (2.0 version)
[/b]
Hi AlanR8, less than 100 miles on her just now but that will soon change :drive: You have the petrol engine then? i went for the 2.0 diesel so expect 40+ mpg....they say around 47 combined I think but prob more realistic at 40ish I think.

GiZZeRR

Yes here is the specs for UK models... UK MODEL

GiZZeRR

european model

welcome to the club. post some pics after the fresh wax job!
[/b]
Hi pololance6i, yes I'll get some pics....I decided on Black and it looks beautifull. :thumbup:
Thought I had the MP3 cd system but after 3 burned cd's and none of them working I realised I didn't :rolleyes:

GiZZeRR

·
Registered
15 Posts
Glad to see some UK M6 owners on here.... :)

Quite simply the best car I've ever had - I've got a 2.0TS 136 Turbo Diesel 5door in Silver Contrail. Had it 2 years and loving the drive and economy (45mpg - Imperial gals)

Recently had its second main service and was treated to a new set of alloys under warranty - apparently in the UK corrosion is very common.

Some interesting stuff on here!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Glad to see some UK M6 owners on here.... :)

Quite simply the best car I've ever had - I've got a 2.0TS 136 Turbo Diesel 5door in Silver Contrail. Had it 2 years and loving the drive and economy (45mpg - Imperial gals)

Recently had its second main service and was treated to a new set of alloys under warranty - apparently in the UK corrosion is very common.

Some interesting stuff on here!
[/b]
Welcome!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Another welcome, this one from the Highlands - also a 2.0TD TS2, but the 04 model. How's your gearbox?
[/b]
Thanks mate - yes if there is a weak link in the diesel armoury it could be the gearbox - it can be a bit notchy but on the whole not too bad. Have managed to stall it a few times.

Mine is an 04 as well - the servicing cost £230 for the 12500 miles and then £175 for the 25,000 miles. It all looks quite reasonable until the 6 year service which says £700!

In terms of the car the only real criticism is the quality of the standard Non Bose Stereo - can give very poor reception - wonder whether the facelift model has improved this?? Think the new Phantom Blue looks great!!!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Welcome to the club! I plan on visiting Scotland in August/September (and playing the old course). I'll keep an eye out for 6's! :)

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yes here is the specs for UK models... UK MODEL

[/b]
That has to be the strangest brochure ever...notice how many pics of the car were in there? zero! Only line drawings. Very cerebral too! Us americans must not want to think that much.

I can't believe the torque is that high yet the 0-60 times are about the same as petrol!

·
Registered
15 Posts
That has to be the strangest brochure ever...notice how many pics of the car were in there? zero! Only line drawings. Very cerebral too! Us americans must not want to think that much.

I can't believe the torque is that high yet the 0-60 times are about the same as petrol!
[/b]
The 0-60 is hampered by the weight of the diesel engine mate but the torque pays dividends on hills and when accelerating from say 50 to 70. Theres so much that you don't often have to change down.

The Diesel engine is an absolute peach - very refined and very economical - couldn't recommend it enough!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
10 Participants
krob2
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing