Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all! I'm new to the forum, and just bought my first Mazda6. It's a 2018 Signature that I picked up in St. Louis a few weeks ago. I'm loving the car so far, and I'm hoping to keep it as my daily for many years! I chose the 6 to replace my '12 Audi A6 that I'd driven for the past two years. I wanted something more reliable and affordable to own, but still luxurious and fun to drive.

My first order of business was to have PPF installed on the hood, mirrors, and front bumper to keep the paint looking great. I've also added tint, a short ram intake, and hardwired my Uniden R3.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to enjoying the forum. Here's a few pics of my Sig.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Congrats on the purchase ! And may i say a very smart move on getting the PPF film put on the front of the car. Mazdas have a notoriously thin paint that tends to chip easily, so a protective film is a must. Car looks fantastic !

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Nice and clean; the way it should be! Congrats on your purchase. I've been daily-ing mine for over 6 years now, 153k miles and still love it every time I get in it :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks you guys! I don't have any big plans for the car, but I'd certainly like to upgrade the brakes, and do a 1 or 2" drop. Also might do a ceramic coating at some point. For now, I've just applied some Opti Hyper Seal and I'm very impressed with it!

·
Registered
37 Posts
@TJFish, would you mind sharing some of your thoughts and impressions moving from a '12 A6 to the Mazda6 Signature? What did you like and not like about the transition?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@TJFish, would you mind sharing some of your thoughts and impressions moving from a '12 A6 to the Mazda6 Signature? What did you like and not like about the transition?
Well I absolutely loved the A6 and its 3.0T. It was my first sedan; in the past I'd always driven coupes. I purchased it with 60K miles, and sold it at 100K. I spent over 10K in repairs over the two years that I had it. Thankfully I still have my '04 Pontiac GTO that I drove while the A6 was in the shop. I basically had to sell it because it was becoming a money pit, even with an aftermarket warranty.

After test driving a couple of new 6's, I was pretty much sold. My 6 has more features than the A6 did. Comfort, handling, and road noise seem comparable. The only thing I feel like I'm sacrificing is horsepower and braking power. Overall, the 6 feels like a big step forward when compared to a 6 year old luxury car. It's what I should've bought in the first place!

Here's a few pics of the old A6 and GTO:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
TJFish
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing