Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very noobish question if you guys don't mind...
I have seen answers here and there
metrotown mazda told me the 06 hatchback black tails wont' fit on my 04 hatchback
but I have seen answers saying that it will on the forum...
sigh, has anybody in the lowermainland actually tried it?
and neone hav th parts number?

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I have a very noobish question if you guys don't mind...
I have seen answers here and there
metrotown mazda told me the 06 hatchback black tails wont' fit on my 04 hatchback
but I have seen answers saying that it will on the forum...
sigh, has anybody in the lowermainland actually tried it?
and neone hav th parts number?
[/b]
hi and welcome!

they don't know what they are talking about. i bought the 06 tails and put it on my hatch no problem.
part number:

GP7B-51-170(Rtail)
GP7B-51-180(Ltail)
GP7B-51-3H0(Rlens)
GP7B-51-3J00(Ltail)

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...c=40435&hl=

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi spidy
yeah i saw your post
those look great on the silver, i have a black onyx myself
hm...whats' a recommended dealership for these :eek:
metrotown mazda seems to be a nono

·
Registered
542 Posts
Get it from wolfe in langley!! If they start giving you grief just say you know ART hahahah! ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get it from wolfe in langley!! If they start giving you grief just say you know ART hahahah! ;)
[/b]
what do you mean?
how long does the instalation take btw..
does this void the 3 yr bumper to bumper warranty:D?

·
Registered
192 Posts
what do you mean?
how long does the instalation take btw..
does this void the 3 yr bumper to bumper warranty:D?
[/b]

about 30 minutes and it doesnt void your warranty

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i saw another part number on the net..
GP7B-51-150
GP7B-51-160
GP7B-51-3F0
GP7B-51-3G0
i am all confused, just phoned wolfe and they told me to check on a wrecker

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
It'll probably be cheaper buying them from Sabrina, board sponsor, Jimclickmazda.com i think, just pm her

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
It'll probably be cheaper buying them from Sabrina, board sponsor, Jimclickmazda.com i think, just pm her
[/b]
actually, local dealership costs are much cheaper. after factoring in conversion, pst/gst duties, and shipping... its cheaper and quicker just to get it from the local dealership. i paid $275 total including tax i think...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
actually, local dealership costs are much cheaper. after factoring in conversion, pst/gst duties, and shipping... its cheaper and quicker just to get it from the local dealership. i paid $275 total including tax i think...
[/b]
yeah that's what i thought too
spidy, hm..i got a quote from morrey today, they told me one is like 91 and 87 and the other 2 are like 67 and 63 lol

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
yeah that's what i thought too
spidy, hm..i got a quote from morrey today, they told me one is like 91 and 87 and the other 2 are like 67 and 63 lol
[/b]
Yes, that's correct. For some unknown reason, one side is cheaper than the other side. PM me and I'll get Morrey in North Van to see if they can give you a better price, cause I think I was quoted like $275 or something for all 4 of them. I just can't afford it right now so I can't get them :( Anyone with black ones that wouldn't mind trading for my red ones? The red ones are worth more ;)

·
Registered
752 Posts
anyone have any advice or installation tips for putting the N/A '06 tails into a hatch. is it possible to do with out removing all of the trims?

·
Registered
752 Posts
i didn't remove any trim... u just have to do some wrench gymnastics but it is possible.
[/b]

how did you get to the outer lights? is it possible to just pull out the liner behind them without removing any trim?

btw thanks for your help spidy

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
how did you get to the outer lights? is it possible to just pull out the liner behind them without removing any trim?

btw thanks for your help spidy
[/b]
its been almost 2 years now so my memory is a bit fuzzy (fuzzy was a bear, fuzzy was had no hair, fuzzy wuzzy wasn't that fuzzy now waz he) but from my recollection, i didn't take any plastic trim off.

i did have to pull back some trunk liner i think, but i do remember it being a no brainer -- as in, nothing that i had to worry about breaking.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just wondering
it doesn't come with the bulbs etc right?
we still gotta keep using the old ones and we are only buying the "housings"(covers) right :eek:
and wing woo, are the part numbers of the ones you said the same with the ones spidy posted?
anyway, if i get them i am probably still gonna have the dealership putting them on for me :(
i am a noob

·
Registered
752 Posts
thanks again spidy

they dont come with bulbs, if your having trouble ordering you can call jim click (tollfree) they will know what your looking for. i think sabrina has the parts #s memorized. they have good turnaround time.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
just wondering
it doesn't come with the bulbs etc right?
we still gotta keep using the old ones and we are only buying the "housings"(covers) right :eek:
and wing woo, are the part numbers of the ones you said the same with the ones spidy posted?
anyway, if i get them i am probably still gonna have the dealership putting them on for me :(
i am a noob
[/b]
It was a while ago, so I don't remember the numbers. Also, sedan and sport lights should be the same part number. Just make sure you tell him you want the black ones, not the clear ones as both sets of numbers are listed side by side on the exploded view of the Mazda6 that they reference off their computer. If you want, go to Morrey in North Van and ask for Walter. Just tell him you met me on the Mazda6Club and see if he can hook you up with a deal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts