Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As soon as I saw this picture in the internet and the magazines,. I think I am in love. There is no doubt in my mind that in a couple of years I might just trade in my Mazda6 for the mighty challenger. Since we have all these problems with the gas, this could be one of the last full internal conbustion vehicles in the U.S. I am defiantelly considering buying one of these. 425 ponies are definately changing my mind! And since I dont really like mustangs,,,, I know what I am going to put in the back..."Pony eater"

Attachments

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Ewww, that leather needs to be put on a little tighter

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Ewww, that leather needs to be put on a little tighter
[/b]
far tighter now

·
Registered
144 Posts
How about a real Challenger!

1973 w/ 440 Magnum engine
[/b]
:drool: :drool: :drool:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
How about a real Challenger!

1973 w/ 440 Magnum engine
[/b]
Wouldn't that be GREAT! :drool: It looks in great condition too. Any other pix? Please share. :yesnod:
btw, the leather looks fantastic!!!!!!

Concerning the new Challenger...if they released it looking like the pic...I would seriously consider getting one.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Why is it that they are looking for straightline power again? I've always wondered what happened to handling...is subaru the only one that has this concept straight?

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Because Dodge has to make cars for the masses, even the 'limited' Challenger will probably outsell every Subaru model combined, and the US a whole doesn't give a flying fuck about handling. Give it a big horsepower number and sharp looks and people will line up in droves to buy it.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Am i the only one that finds this ugly? It looks like a sheetmetal step backwards. The original was great for its time, but this is just a huge step back IMO.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Am i the only one that finds this ugly? It looks like a sheetmetal step backwards. The original was great for its time, but this is just a huge step back IMO.
[/b]
No, you aren't the only one. I prefer the Camaro Concept a Ton. And god willing they will make that one have a little agility in the corners.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Holy shit could you imagine the line that will be behind me when purchasing this????

I thought I read somewhere that it was a concept car, probably wont come to the market but if it does

YEEEEEHHAAAAWWWW

·
Registered
405 Posts
thats definetely, BAD ASSS.

i used to have an 87' formula firebird about 9 yrs ago , with a custom 5.7L 350 in it (i bought it that way).

Fun times. When i wasnt fixing something on it, lol. Since they are bringing back the camaro the least pontiac could do is revive the trans am / firebird for a year, since the camaro and firebird are brothers. ::sigh::

·
Registered
81 Posts
No thanks, I've had my fill of crappy American cars. I don't care how fast it goes, you won't be able to catch my Mazda6 when you are constantly parked at the mechanic's shop.

Mopar Quality means new rotors and calipers at every brake job. And don't for get to save up for the catalytic and A.C. compressor that will need replacing every 50K miles. :nono:

1st car: 1966 Chrysler Newport Sedan (good lord! what a piece...google it....I dare you!)
2nd car: 1986 Dodge Daytona (I guess they CAN build a car out of aluminum cans and cardboard)
3rd car: 1986 Mazda 626 (Paid $1,800...drove for 80,000 miles...sold for $500)
4th car: 2000 VW Jetta (German Engineering? No thanks, give me a bratwurst instead)
5th car: 1997 Mazda B2300 (Paid $5k...drove for 85,000 miles...sold for $3,300)
6th car: 2006 Mazda6 (You are going to have to pry this one out of my cold dead hands Mr. Mechanic!)

·
Registered
531 Posts
It's definately a sharp looking car but if the mileage or price isn't right I can't see your average Joe perchasing too many of these. I'm glad the fugly Dodge grill is gone though. For me that's what killed the look of the charger besides having four doors.

·
Registered
177 Posts
No thanks, I've had my fill of crappy American cars. I don't care how fast it goes, you won't be able to catch my Mazda6 when you are constantly parked at the mechanic's shop.

Mopar Quality means new rotors and calipers at every brake job. And don't for get to save up for the catalytic and A.C. compressor that will need replacing every 50K miles. :nono:
1st car: 1966 Chrysler Newport Sedan (good lord! what a piece...google it....I dare you!)
2nd car: 1986 Dodge Daytona (I guess they CAN build a car out of aluminum cans and cardboard)
3rd car: 1986 Mazda 626 (Paid $1,800...drove for 80,000 miles...sold for $500)
4th car: 2000 VW Jetta (German Engineering? No thanks, give me a bratwurst instead)
5th car: 1997 Mazda B2300 (Paid $5k...drove for 85,000 miles...sold for $3,300)
6th car: 2006 Mazda6 (You are going to have to pry this one out of my cold dead hands Mr. Mechanic!)
[/b]
Just remember Chrysler has improved a lot. Don't forget whos own them now. Cars like the Crossfire are pretty much a benz with a Chrysler sticker.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
26 Participants
TheMaz39
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing