Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I just got into a 2005 6 sedan (took over lease from friend) and will be spending a lot more time in these forums. I have a few things I'd like to do to the car so if anyone has good places in the hamilton/gta/oshawa area, I'm all ears! Right now, I'm looking for the best-priced Metra kit in the area...what are my options?

Anyway, thought I'd say hello. I'm sure I'll pop up every so often...

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Welcome to the Club

Regarding finding parts around here your best bet is to get them from RPM. I've just recieved my Clutch Masters Stage 4 clutch and it was cheaper getting through RPM than ordering it local. Although if you don't mind paying an extra 15% generally to support local business than I guess you can find it anywhere.

Tires23 is good place, but they haven't got back to me in a while.

Performance Improvements is alright, they are a little pricy when it comes to certain items but they can get you just about ANYTHING and FAST.

Regarding getting work done to your car, I'd hit up Maple Mazda. I've done all my work there and many other people have been happy with the service.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Welcome to the Club

Regarding finding parts around here your best bet is to get them from RPM. I've just recieved my Clutch Masters Stage 4 clutch and it was cheaper getting through RPM than ordering it local. Although if you don't mind paying an extra 15% generally to support local business than I guess you can find it anywhere.

Performance Improvements is alright, they are a little pricy when it comes to certain items but they can get you just about ANYTHING and FAST.

Regarding getting work done to your car, I'd hit up Maple Mazda. I've done all my work there and many other people have been happy with the service.
[/b]
Would Maple Mazda still open during the fall?

If you need Paint and Polish....i could recommend a decent guy too ;)
[/b]
How about body repair?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Seeing as this is PF's thread when he needs it we'll cross that brdige when we get there ;)

BTW....As paul mentioned...RPM is for the win!!!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Maple Mazda is open pretty much 365, I've got some heaters from last year that were great so working in the cold is no big deal. I just wish my garage was a little bigger so I could walk all the way around the car once it's inside.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Maple Mazda is open pretty much 365, I've got some heaters from last year that were great so working in the cold is no big deal. I just wish my garage was a little bigger so I could walk all the way around the car once it's inside.
[/b]
Cool...my stage 2 mods are coming soon during the term break. :dmetal:

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Hey all,
I just got into a 2005 6 sedan (took over lease from friend) and will be spending a lot more time in these forums. I have a few things I'd like to do to the car so if anyone has good places in the hamilton/gta/oshawa area, I'm all ears! Right now, I'm looking for the best-priced Metra kit in the area...what are my options?

Anyway, thought I'd say hello. I'm sure I'll pop up every so often...
[/b]
check out the B/S forum... i think there's a guy who sells his metra kit... if u want it brand new.. RPM is the place i guess...

Welcome to the Club

[/b]
If you need Paint and Polish....i could recommend a decent guy too ;)
[/b]
WTH..... ads !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! spam !!!!!!!!!! what is this? a commercial!?!? ahaha... yo paul, u think i can system tune in Maple Mazda? lol...

·
Registered
384 Posts
i m a Maple Mazda supporter as well...Great job by that Paul guy ;) hehehe

but seriosly...he is a knowledgible guy...

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Tim you can do whatever you want at my place, you are always welcome.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all!

I checked out the buy/sell and group buys but found nothing. best price i've found is $159US plus shipping (and the dreaded duty...). All the quotes around here are for $300+. Nuts. Looks like RPM gets themself a sale! They quoted me a fair price on shipping.

Thanks again. Thanks for the other tips. The guy I took the car over from wasn't as dedicated an owner as me. I may have to paint the back bumper due to a few rubs that will just drive me crazy and I can't get out. I'm very fussy....

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Tim you can do whatever you want at my place, you are always welcome.
[/b]
Oh yeah.. gigidy!! beer party and some as* kicking s*x(with paul or steve.... or both)!! LOL... but seriously, i will try to go there after my finals man.. i m taking 4 major courses this term, and busy as hell... so after my finals, i will look for you, my lovely paul... LOL.. :beer:

Thanks all!

I checked out the buy/sell and group buys but found nothing. best price i've found is $159US plus shipping (and the dreaded duty...). All the quotes around here are for $300+. Nuts. Looks like RPM gets themself a sale! They quoted me a fair price on shipping.

Thanks again. Thanks for the other tips. The guy I took the car over from wasn't as dedicated an owner as me. I may have to paint the back bumper due to a few rubs that will just drive me crazy and I can't get out. I'm very fussy....
[/b]
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=63174

:slap: i wanted to buy that, but really, i m onto rims now.... so HU is the last thing i would want, since i m using my jl slash and it still has the high level input

·
Registered
412 Posts
isnt there some problem with using the metra kit on canadian 6? Something to do with the temp and climate controls or something... I'll try to dig it up..

//EDIT Here's the thread. Seems to only be a big deal with auto controls... maybe. http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...=45880&st=0

·
Registered
682 Posts
Oh yeah.. gigidy!! beer party and some as* kicking s*x(with paul or steve.... or both)!! LOL...
[/b]
Yep, there's Tim - our own Asian-spec Quagmire. Allllllllll right.....

BTW - I now have a freshly paved driveway and semi-functional garage if anyone local needs to change snow tires, etc...

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
ask RPM where they ship from, if its the michigan location they may drive it across the border for you and then ship it...

i also vouch for RPM, they are great to deal with and have kickass prices

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Yep, there's Tim - our own Asian-spec Quagmire. Allllllllll right.....

BTW - I now have a freshly paved driveway and semi-functional garage if anyone local needs to change snow tires, etc...
[/b]

<-- "gigidy gigidy goo"

LOL.... allll right....

ah damn... gigidy.... why didnt u tell me earlier...gigidy..... i just changed my winter tires last week OUTSIDE !!! ,.....gigidy..... i'll PM u when i need something important done to my car... gigidy... peace.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ok.,.. enough... u guys get it... black hair, skinny, long face...... GIGIDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts