Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Cody and I am from Nebraska. I am not really a Mazda enthusiast as much as this is my wifes car. We just recently purchased a 2005 2.3L 4. I have been browsing your forums and decided that I should sign up. I really only have a few questions.
1. Where can I find a front license plate holder? Required by law here.
2. Do I have to go to a dealer for my keys and key fobs, or can I get one off of ebay? Will the programming process that works for the 03 and 04s work on the 05s?
3. Are the programmers the same?
4. What parts are not interchangeable?

Thank you in advance,
Cody

If my questions don't get answered here I will repost in the subforums.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
1: you can find the license plate holder at the dealership or junkyard(if in good condition)
2: yes you have to go to a dealer so they can program the keys.
3: don't believe the programs are the same. if thats the case then i would have access to all mazda 6s.
4: all parts are interchangeable from 2003-2005 models. v6 for v6, and i4 for i4

and i wouldnt suggest making another post. it will just get deleted by a moderator.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does this mean that I have to buy 2005 model specific key fobs and keys, or can I get them somewhere less expensive than the dealer?

I understand that the dealer has to program the the keys to the vehicle, but you can reprogram the remotes. How is this done? Is it done the same way for the 2005 model as it is the 2003 and 2004 models?

Cody

1 - 4 of 4 Posts