Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Mazda6: Okay, so yesterday I noticed a drop in the resistance when I push down my clutch pedal. Today, the pedal went all the way down to the floor and wouldn't come up unless I used my toe to pull it up. Weirdest thing though, is that the clutch wasn't engaged. I was in first and could start driving and had to flip the pedal up then push it down to go to second, flip it up again. Also, noticed that sometimes it would stay down and I wasn't able to come out of that gear or go into gear. I'm hoping it's just maybe air in the lines(??). I had a broken finger earlier and had the clutch and pressure plate replaced about 4-5 months ago. Any ideas? PLEASE!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, forgot to mention I'm not low on fluid, it's full and I can't see any evidence of any sort of leak.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Check for a cracked or broken bracket that attached the clutch pedal to the firewall under the dash. If you search you'll find others on this site have had that problem.
Good luck!
CR

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, just checked everything as best I could, without a jack or anything to lift the car up. Didn't see any cracks or anything broken on the bracket. Tried pjmping it to see if and fluid leaked at all and nothing. From what I could tell when checking the bracket it's like when the pedal gets about 1/3 of the way down it sticks and then just moves the rest of the way to the floorboard on its own, like there's no pressure pushing it back up. Couldn't find anything noticeable on the lines either, but again, that's as good as I could see.... ?????

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this same issue. Clutch pedal was sticking to the floor and was barely engaging the clutch. Had to dig my toe under the pedal to lift it back up and it was barely functioning but still managed to take the car in and out of gears.

The issue was a large crack in the bracket securing the clutch pedal to the firewall so when the pedal was depressed it was bending the entire assembly away from the driver and not having a sturdy backing the pedal didn't have enough force to come all the way back up. It got much worse very quickly, any longer and the entire clutch pedal assembly would've broken off completely.

Solution was to basically reinforce the firewall with a larger plate and secure the clutch pedal back in the original position. Hope this points someone in the right direction if they stumble here for the same issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts