Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Problem. Saturday, 02.03.07, my 6's temp gauge jumps to HOT after only being ran for 15min or so. I stop at the parents house and let her calm down, then decide to drive another 20min home. On the way home the temp gauge is fluctuating from mid (normal) to HOT, but it always seems to correct itself and come back down. But now there is an added feature and it's blowing cold air out, instead of warm/hot. The damn inside of the car started frosting up it was getting so cold. So...I let her sit for a day, Sunday, and get up this morning to start it for work and let it get warm. Well, the temp gauge get's to normal, but the car is blowing out ice cold air...starting to frost over the interior again. I moved it to the garage after my roomate left and that's were it's sitting right now. Anyone have any idea on what the problem could be? I was thinking just a stuck thermostat, but not sure. I have an extended warranty, but the pain in the ass thing doesn't cover the thermostat...or heated seats which I found out last week. My driver's side seat went out...if anyone knows where/how I can get that fixed for under $300...you'll be my new best friiend. Just need some help or ideas so I don't have to pay another $90 to Mazda to just have the thing 'looked at'.[/b]
My car has been in the shop for 5 weeks now. The heated seat cores are shot. Mine is still under warranty, but what I found out was mazda had a bad set of heater cores shipped from the vendor to them. They have tried 4 sets in mine so far and what happens is they shoot up to 100 degrees, down to 60 degrees the shortout. The rep has ever got the engineers in Japan involved and the only thing they came away with is what I stated at the beginning (bad cores from Mfg). Now I am after them just to replace my front seats altogether. They have had the leather off so many times it is starting to look like shit.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.