Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming home from work the other day on the beltway and as usual was stuck in traffic... so I decided to tinker with the features of the car that I have not really fully tested out yet... one of them being the heated seats. I flipped it on the drivers side and felt a little warnth.. but not as much as I expected. I then turned the passenger side on, even though there was no passenger in the seat and waited a few minutes and felt the seat and it didnt feel noticeably warmer at all... does it need weight on it!!??!?!?!

How warm are these things supposed to be? Does the heat need to be on for the heated seats to work despite the switch being turned on?

I have never had heated seats let alone leather ones... can someone shed some insight to this. I hate to take a day off of work to take the car into the dealer, but definitely will if people think these might be faulty.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
341 Posts
Reading Topic: Heated Seats

I think it depends on the temp setting for your heater, and whether the car is warmed up or not. Mine seems to turn off after the heat warms up.

Joe

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

It is thermostate regulated, if it's already warm in the car, they don't get very warm. If it's really cold they get pretty warm, but they turn down the heat as soon as it's getting warmer.

If you ask me, I'd say they could be warmer. But it works just fine, but if you want to try them out - wait until the car is cold.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Heated Seats'

Originally posted by MadJoe

I think it depends on the temp setting for your heater, and whether the car is warmed up or not.  Mine seems to turn off after the heat warms up.

Joe[/b]
They don't turn off. Make sure to turn them off with the button, or you'll burn them in about 2 years.

That happened to me on my -99 626, which had exactly the same system.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

I heard that when you switch them on - off - on they'll get a little warmer. It's like tricking out the heat sensor or something. Try it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts