Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '04 6s but it didnt come with the leathers/heated seats... i was just wondering, since im in CT it gets pretty damn cold and id love to have at least one heated seat. Anything worth while out there thats do it yourself? I dont want some crap cover, i want something that i can actualy put into the seat... ideas, prices, quality?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Check out the leatherseats.com leather package group buy in the group buy section right now. You can create a custom leather package and add heaters if you want them. I did the leather awhile back, but I didn't do the heaters. Its really good quality stuff.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the thing, i dont really want leather seats, can you install this stuff in cloth stock seats?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Um, well I never thought about it, I'm not sure. You could email Bill from leatherseats.com and ask him, or give him a call. I'm sure he can help you.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
thats the thing, i dont really want leather seats, can you install this stuff in cloth stock seats?
[/b]
Cloth does not get cold like leather does, in fact you don't even feel it in the winter. Why go thru the expense for the cost of a seat heater for a cloth seat. Doesn't make much sense IMO.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cloth does not get cold like leather does, in fact you don't even feel it in the winter. Why go thru the expense for the cost of a seat heater for a cloth seat. Doesn't make much sense IMO.
[/b]
Well its not just about jumping into the car and having an ON button to heat the cold seats... its just to have heated seats, i like that, it works much faster to warm you up than to wait for the car to warm up and to warm up the air in the car.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Heat is lost through you head. So heating your butt will just give you a hot ass for a few minutes untill it shuts off lol..

With leather. The seats actually get cold so when you sit. Your ass feels the cold and that can be uncomfertable.

It really would not make much sense at all to have heated seats in cloth. The only real purpose for them is to make it so the leather isn't cold on your bottom in the winter. Thats why it's always leather seats you see them in. You'd get hotter and feel it quicker by just aiming the vents diretly at you. and that is free. well. except for the price of gas. and whatever you spend a month on the car payment lol.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
My buddy had a VW Jetta that had heated cloth I think. Every other part of that car was a piece of shit though.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I have a '04 6s but it didnt come with the leathers/heated seats... i was just wondering, since im in CT it gets pretty damn cold and id love to have at least one heated seat. Anything worth while out there thats do it yourself? I dont want some crap cover, i want something that i can actualy put into the seat... ideas, prices, quality?
[/b]
My 04 6S cloth seats seem to be able to drain butt heat faster than any other car that I have owned with cloth seats.

I had a Rostra 250-1550 kit installed on drivers side. Hi is 145F and low 135F at the embedded heater. Works so good, in that I usually turn if off after about 10 minutes, and don't use the high setting.

In the winter, going out to a 20F or less car at a cold, dark, outdoor parking lot .....makes all the difference. The 6S heater loop does not have strong flow, so this is a great mod.

You can buy various brand kits on line for diy. I had mine in$talled by some "sunroof" that also did leather seat upgrades, stereos, etc.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Quite a few companies make them. The most popular is W.E.T.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts