Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2004 mazda 6 wagon, heated seat button bulbs went bad on both the lower white light and the orange seat light also, can anyone give me a part number for this bulb?

thanks, ive tried search and nothing came up

ill take pics of it tomorrow thanks

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
i have a 2004 mazda 6 wagon, heated seat button bulbs went bad on both the lower white light and the orange seat light also, can anyone give me a part number for this bulb?

thanks, ive tried search and nothing came up

ill take pics of it tomorrow thanks
I know this is an old post....

For future reference:

Mazda: GJ6A66461 (price at time of post: $4.35/ea)
Alternative: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Partsam-Wedge-Heater-Climate-Controls/dp/B00S92RP68/ref=sr_1_8?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1445617172&sr=1-8&keywords=T3+Neo+Wedge[/ame]
(price at time of post: $1.16/ea)

I will post some pictures once I receive mine.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Here are some pictures. Overall very impressed with the replacement LEDs. I went with red LEDs and I'm glad I chose those over white. They DO match the other dash lights perfectly. The indicators are nice and bright and very much "more red" than the factory incandescent bulbs. The factory bulbs were rather orange-looking IMO.

Here is what I actually ordered :
(5 Pcs T3 Red 3020 LED Dash Panel Gauges Lights Lamp DC 12V Internal by uxcell)

Very easy to remove the switches:
1- Remove cup holder (pull straight up)
2- Using you fingers, find the bottom of the switch and push slightly - it should pop out
3- Using a small screw driver, lightly pry the top of the switch. The whole ASM should pop out
4- Unplug the connector (note: the driver and passenger switches are different connectors!)
5- Using you screwdriver, twist the bulb so that the slot is perpendicular to the switch. If you tap the switch on the console, the bulb should pop out. I had to disassemble the switch to get the bulbs out.
6- Installation is the reverse of above.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Thanks for posting this! Haven't needed it yet but always good to have.

Those look like the ones that go in the HVAC controls as well?

Scott
I originally was going to rob the ones out of the auto climate control but they are larger.

My car has manual controls but I purchased a complete radio asm that had auto controls.

The bulbs for the auto climate control *might be* a T4 or T5 wedge.

I will measure the bulbs out of the auto climate control tonight with my digital calipers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts