Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I tried to search, but could not find anything worth while from what I looked through. I was curious to know if anyone had fabricated thier own heat shield for their CAI. I am buying an Injen w/fix and wanted to avoid those horror stories of driving through big thing of water and the engine breaking...

So if anyone has made a heat shield would you mind letting me know what material you used, shape, size and what not of it. Thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
this would be a good thing for all of us with CAIs to know. I'm worried about driving through puddles with my 6 because i have the CAI and it is lowered two inches.

If anyone have any input, please share.

·
Registered
436 Posts
A heat shield will do nothing to protect against your car hydrolocking.

The solution is simple: don't drive through deep water.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A heat shield will do nothing to protect against your car hydrolocking.

The solution is simple: don't drive through deep water.
[/b]

I thought they made a device that will go under the filter as to not allow dirt and or water to be splashed up into the intake???

I was thinking something out of like Aluminum or sheet metal that can be made as a shield to protect the intake opening???

·
Registered
436 Posts
I thought they made a device that will go under the filter as to not allow dirt and or water to be splashed up into the intake???

I was thinking something out of like Aluminum or sheet metal that can be made as a shield to protect the intake opening???
[/b]
That will protect against splashing, but that's really not the issue. The filter needs to be fully *submerged* for you to have real problems, although some claim that heavy splashing has a negative impact as well. I'd simply avoid driving through heavy bodies of water, and you should be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts