Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My heat / air blower motor decided to stop working today. I replaced the 40A fuse for the motor with no success. Has any one else had a similar issue?

'04 Mazda6s, Automatic Climate Control

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
35 Posts
You probably should check for power at the blower. The fan is located in the passenger side footwell under the dash.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I removed the wiring harness from the motor and checked the voltage at the harness. With the fan off, I measured roughly 12VDC between the two leads on the harness. As I increased the fan speed at the switch, the voltage dropped to around 9VDC at maximum fan speed. Does anyone have a schematic for this circuit?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had this happen to me a year ago. Took it in to the dealer and they replaced the blower motor. I was under warranty so it didn't cost anything.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might not be as fortunate. Mine is three months out of warranty, but I am 15k below the mileage limit. Been in contact with the dealer and I'm not so sure how cooperative they are going to be.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I removed the motor and checked it on a 12V power supply. The motor is functioning properly. All fuses checked good. I can feel the blower relay pull in when I turn on the ignition switch. Is there anything else in the circuit that could be causing my issue?

·
Registered
84 Posts
i have the same problem, i turn my key on to the acc and it blows... i start my car and it stops working... anyone know why??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
mwalker46
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing