Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the BOSE upgraded package.. but then I got the metra dash kit and bought an AudioVox 240 watt in-dash dvd player/deck... It was working well with my bose system... but when I put it anywhere passed volume level 35 it started to scratch out... I needed better speakers to handle the wattage... so I decided to buy components and rear speakers... I bought BLITZ Audio 360 watt max/ 180 watt RMS 6.5 inch round speakers with 1/2 tweeters and a crossover... for the backs I bought Blitz Audio 360 watt max/180 watt rms 6x8 speakers in the rear.. (bose is 6.5 in fronts and 6x8 in backs)... non-bose is 6x8 front and back...

Amp: Blitz Audio 1000 watt 4 channel amp 4 Ohm....
AMP kit: Monster 1000 watt 4 gage wire..
RCA cables: Monster 4 channel 5 meters...

I installed everything, not using the bose wiring at all... bose is completely gone, left my amp under the passenger seat though, dont really need to remove it... anyways

I have my Front left and Rear left speaker wires running along the left side... along with my Monster AMP kit wires to the battery (left side)...

I have my Front Right and Rear Right speaker wires running along the right side... with the rca cables right beside them

Is this a problem... having my 12 gage speaker wires running along the rca cables?

Now my right side speakers dont even turn on... i just checked my wiring everything is still in place... my front right tweeter works, but the front right mid speaker doesnt... the back right speaker doesnt work either... are the rca cables causing a problem? please help...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sounds to me like a wiring issue. I know you said you checked but check again. If it all still checks out then you may have some faulty equipment.
good luck

·
Registered
391 Posts
I think I remember having a problem like this when I had cheap RCA cables. Turns out they didn't have enough shielding to protect them from the power wire going to my amp! Ended up upgrading just moving the RCA cables to the other side of the car after some recommendations. Might be something to keep in mind though.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Some things I would suggest is, start with the working speakers. Disconnect all the speakers from your amp. Take the working speakers wire and hook it up to terminals on the amp that went to speakers that didn't work. So now your checking your amp is actually putting out something. If the working speaker plays on all terminals, go to the connection of the speakers in the doors. Make sure all the wiring at the crossovers are connected, possible come lose?
If you have no output in the good speaker on some terminals, check the rca connection at the metra kit and amp. If you did use cheap rca's, or even sometimes half way decent rca's sometimes dont make a good connection. Move the rca's around, disconnect and then reconnect them again, and try twisting them while their together. If still no output, try moving the rca at the amp that goes to the good speaker to another input on the amp. Put the good speaker to that terminal. If still no output, your amp is probably blown.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I took apart the rear right speaker and noticed one of the terminals came off... i now made sure it will never come off, unless i pull at it really hard...

REAR RIGHT SPEAKER... works!!!

Front right speaker... Tweeter works all the time... but the mid works sometimes and then stops working... nothing is loose... i checked a million times, everything is 100% tight...

i also have an extra pair of 6x8 speakers (for rear)... i hooked one of them up to my front right door in place of my component 6.5 inch speaker... and it works but then stops working...

so basically its not the speaker... and power is getting to it... maybe its just the actual wire itself from the mid speaker to the WF (woofer) on my crossover... im gunna try using another wire... if successful, then ill separate my speaker wires from the rca cables, to see if the noise goes away..

IMPORTANT!!: I notice that when my car is just on AC power it doesnt make a fuzzy noise with the deck ON... but the moment i turn my key to ON or starting my car.. the fuzzy noise starts up... and when i shut off my deck, the noise goes away.

These RCA monster cables look pretty high end, got them for 24.99 at this automart place, reason it was so cheap... they have tons and TONS of these wires for sale.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.