Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or whatver its called....the really quick tapping noise, my a4 did it a few times when I ran too much timing.

Will the reflash prevent this? I havent done it yet, because I havent had power loss.
It was 85 outside. I floored it from 1st, and by the time I got to 3rd, the turbo kind of stutted a little and then I heard the knocking sound. This is the first time I heard this, and I wasnt even on it that hard compared to other times, with warmer weather.

Fuking Lame....

·
Registered
185 Posts
Same thing happened 2 times to me before the reflash. Mostly after the car sat idling for a bit. Hasn't happened since the reflash. Thankfully.

·
Registered
127 Posts
ur a lucky SOB!! from what it sounds like, it was detonation. IF it happened when full throttle, that jolt or pop, was the heat igniting excess fuel in the wrong stroke. wich inturn is detonation. Now obviously it wasnt bad enough to snap rods or anything, which is good. But im willing to bet thats what it was. It happens quite often in tubro cars. Stock, or fully worked. and heat is def a factor to it

·
Registered
104 Posts
Or whatver its called....the really quick tapping noise, my a4 did it a few times when I ran too much timing.

Will the reflash prevent this? I havent done it yet, because I havent had power loss.
It was 85 outside. I floored it from 1st, and by the time I got to 3rd, the turbo kind of stutted a little and then I heard the knocking sound. This is the first time I heard this, and I wasnt even on it that hard compared to other times, with warmer weather.

Fuking Lame....
[/b]

I can believe that, we make a product called the Knocklite. What it does is it allow you to have a visual monitor on your knock sensor activity. It flashes three lights Green, Yellow and Red to indicate the severity. This is also included with the DTEC-FCBC.

That sucks you heard an actual knock event.

Thanks,

[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts