Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have HIDs in my 6 but one is to high and other seems like it is to low. Is there a way to adjust them?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes there is. I believe there is a special key used to adjust them. Check out the electrical board and you may find your answer.
[/b]
a key huh, like an allen rench or something?? Thanks I will check the electrical boards as well.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I have HIDs in my 6 but one is to high and other seems like it is to low. Is there a way to adjust them?

Thanks for the help.
[/b]

Hammer ? :hammerhea:

Sorry, I know thats a B.S. answer but I was just in a silly mood......... :nana:

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Once you have both adjusted to the same level, there's a switch to adjust how high they point. But that switch changes the level of both lights, so it doesn't help you if the left one and right one aren't level with each other.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts

Thanks for the help.
[/b]
Save all the hassle and just go to your dealer and have them fix it for free.

·
Registered
381 Posts
you have aftermarket ones huh?
I have Xtec ones and my driveside is low while my passenger is high...which is alright since it "should" reduce glare for oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have Xtec ones and my driveside is low while my passenger is high...which is alright since it "should" reduce glare for oncoming traffic.
[/b]
Yep, that's the standard for high-intensity lamps, and it's how they come from the factory... The upper edge of the beam has a sharp cutoff that's horizontal to left of center and slopes upward (from left to right) to the right of the vehicle centerline. The pattern isn't symmetrical, and it's not supposed to be.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Save all the hassle and just go to your dealer and have them fix it for free.
[/b]

Free is good. If you would have to pay, you might find a body shop will do it for less. I had a Ford that I had all sorts of problems trying to aim headlights on. Body shop did it for $20, dealer wanted about double that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Free is good. If you would have to pay, you might find a body shop will do it for less. I had a Ford that I had all sorts of problems trying to aim headlights on. Body shop did it for $20, dealer wanted about double that.
[/b]
Thanks guys I ended up going on the electircal board and found some help there from a pinned thread. I still might go to the dealer or a shop and have it done there if I can't get it right. But I think I can do it. I got the 8000k HiDs but now I'm thinking I should have got the 6000k they brighter on there road. I just thought the blue in the 8000k was pretty but they are dimmer then the 6000k. I pulled next to an S2000 and his HID made mine look like then weren't even on. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts