Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I just did an engine replacement. When I did that, I took apart my headlights and painted the inside of them (black). I also bought new xenon-halogen bulbs for my highs and lows. I also bought led turn signals. Here is my problem:
They all worked great at first, except the turn signals. The lows worked great, then a few weeks after the install my passenger side went out. Then my driver's side went out. Now my right high beam doesn't work...WTF!? It sounds like a ground...right? But I don't know where the ground wire is. Could it be the (kind of crappy) multi-ground that goes bolts to the frame under the stock air box? I have a CAI on now. I am just so confused, and I get lost reading a wiring diagram. I have the Haynes manuel, if someone could point me in the right direction. I would really love a picture of the ground location. But any info could be helpful.
thanks guys

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Try your fuses and maybe a relay. I had my fuses blow and it was a quick easy fix.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Whats a xenon-halogen bulb? Is that like a hybrid bulb? Have you check to see if the bulbs (probably shitty blue ones im guessing) are blown?

Welcome.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have checked all my fuzes, I'm not sure how to check a relay though...? They are the "shitty" blue ones. They are only a few months old, so I have not checked them...I know I need to do that. Weather has been super crappy here in Missouri, so I haven't made it out to my shop. But the turn signals have stopped working too. Since only one of the bulbs upfront are working (drivers side high beam) it makes me think there is a larger problem. I guess it's possible that 5 bulbs burnt out at, almost, the same time though.

So how do I check a fuze? Is just swapping them out the best bet?

I know when I turn the lights on, I can hear a relay engage...but no light.
Thanks for your help guys, I really do appreciate it.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I didnt mean the shitty thing in a rude way btw, just that usually they are shitty quality lol.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts