Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the past couple days i have noticed my headlights fogging up a little. Today it was just the left one. There is quite a bit of snow melting these days, but would that effect the headlight fixtures?

i have HIDs and also have the dust cap modified on there, so it probably isnt from there right?

i am pretty sure mazda would hesitate to look at it considering thte HIDs are in there.

Let me know.

·
Registered
956 Posts
So for the past couple days i have noticed my headlights fogging up a little. Today it was just the left one. There is quite a bit of snow melting these days, but would that effect the headlight fixtures?

i have HIDs and also have the dust cap modified on there, so it probably isnt from there right?

i am pretty sure mazda would hesitate to look at it considering thte HIDs are in there.

Let me know.
[/b]
I was getting ready to say dust caps arent sealed properly, but i guess thats not the case maybe its just condensation hot & cold..

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was getting ready to say dust caps arent sealed properly, but i guess thats not the case maybe its just condensation hot & cold..
[/b]

wellll, my dust caps arent siliconed in or anything, i just dremeled out a whole, and fit the wiriing with the rubbel grommet in the hole, the grommet covers the whole part of the whole,its just if water can go around it which seems so unlikely, but do u think it could be from the tire pushing water up the side panel, and then going straight to the dust cap?

or do you think its something from outside?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
its clearly from the moisture.

where are you located. update your profile so its easy for us to make conclusions.

when did you install them? i'm thinking its just from the moisture in the air...you gotta be careful with water in the headlight man it could def. cause you alot of money.

Most people that retrofit HID's like myself buy the OEM nissan sealant which is great....but i hear this stuff works just as well its by 3M, and its a whole hell of alot cheaper to. give it a whirl and seal up the dustcap!!!!

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...c=65142&hl=

·
Registered
544 Posts
what year is ur car?? i have a 06 and my lights are fogging up too. im taking it in next week if i have time to get checked out.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Check your seals around the dust cap, if you have taken your headlights apart to paint the bezel you may not have sealed them back up properly. The point is you have moisture getting in there from some where and you need to re-think where it could be coming in from. My guess dust cap area where the HIDs go in, think about silicon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts