Mazda 6 Forums banner

Headlight question

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  sexy6s 
#1 ·
OK i know this will probably make me sound really stupid but i gotta ask. i recently bought my 2003 mazda 6 and have not done anything to it yet. i noticed that it looks like my headlights are not on when actually they are on according to my healight switch in the car being turned over to the headlight option. the only lights on for lowbeams are the outside corner light and a little light in the upper corner of the highbeams. is this normal? i mean i can see fine the way the lights are but i past a 6 just like mine on the interstate tonight and it had the outside lights and another light on in its headlights so that mad me start to think. are my headlights not on?

this is my first post so i hope i dont sound to stupid. just incase it matters my car is the sports edition with the ground effects package.

#2 ·
sounds like the 6 you passed has the intergrated foglights. You might have it as well. On the stick w/the headlight on/off switch, if you follow it towards the steering column there is another switch, roll on and the other lights should come on. If there is no switch there than you DO NOT have the intergrated foglights, and yes your lights are on.

#3 ·
sounds like the 6 you passed has the intergrated foglights. You might have it as well. On the stick w/the headlight on/off switch, if you follow it towards the steering column there is another switch, roll on and the other lights should come on. If there is no switch there than you DO NOT have the intergrated foglights, and yes your lights are on.[/b]

i do not have the fog lights. i thought that is what the other 6 had but i thought i would ask some experts lol.... thanks for your reply it makes me feel better to know i am driving with my lights on lol! thanks agian :highfive:

#6 ·
yea there is a lens there bc i remember seeing it and thinking is that there for looks or does it serve a purpose? lol but i do not have a button or anything to turn on the fog lights so i dont know if i have them or not??

#7 ·
The lense will be there but the bulb wont and the rest inside such as projector bowl .... if you want to be absolutely sure visit your Mazda Dealer to get all your uncertainties answered .... I wish I could provide you with a stalk picture with the roll switch on it but I never took one of it - had no reason until now

As for the ground effects package , it might have been option-added w/out the fogs ? I'm in Canada so I'm not sure how it is on your side of the fence ...

#8 ·
thats fine, i am almost positive that the fog lights are not in there. the housing might be but the bulb and switch is not. i was just concerned bc it looked like my healights are not on at night bc i am used to seeing the whole healight lite up not just the corners and a little bulbs like on mine. but if that is the way it is supposed to be than that is cool and i will leave it alone. agian thanks for you alls help it makes me feel a little better now about driving at night. sometime i will get some pics on here of my car. it is nothing special just a 2003 sports package 4cyl automatic glacier silver with leather seats and bose 6 cd changer. iam gonna get the windows tinted as soon as i get my money back from income tax lol!!!

#9 ·
ususally i thought anyone with the sports package had the integrated fogs as well. On the "stalk" there's another switch lower down as you move down the "shaft" (pun inteaded), um...there's another flip switch on the "shaft" part that'll turn the fogs on and off....

when i was helping a friend put in some HID's i noticed that inside the actual headlight it looks like there are projectors in the H3 spot(intergrated fog light spot), but in actuality the connectors were there, but there is no projector, or bulb. Its just a round plastic piece that makes it look like there is actually a projector in there! lol

well anwyays welcome to the club, and be sure to use the Search button....you'll come across alot of useful information.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.